The Mirror Of Senoitcele

Important - This book is inspired by The Mirror of Ecidruye on AO3, please do check it out, it's brilliant 

The sound of rain pounding against his window pane was always the most soothing sound to him. Since his childhood, nothing brought him as much peace as that sound did. However, despite the calming sound, he couldn't relax. Sitting in his room, looking out at the gardens he used to fly over as a child, he couldn't shake the feeling of impending loss. The entire Malfoy family's wealth would be forfeited to charity as repayment for their sins.

Draco stood up going out of his room. He decided to look around his house one last time. He didn't have very good memories of his house, but still, it was home. The whole house was dark. Except one room, his father's study. He heard hushed whispers of his parents from the room. He moved closer to hear them better. 

"-Lucius" his mother had said, his voice shaky and on the verge of tears. He hated the sound of his mother crying. 

"No narcissa, nothing! I already tried everything" his father said, his voice full of regret. that's the most emotional he ever heard his father sound. 

"he is only eighteen Lucius! this would ruin his life!" he was sure his mother was crying now. 

"You think I don't know that! You think I wouldn't do something if I could!"  his father yelled. He heard his mother sob. They were talking about him—their situation. Draco couldn't hear his mother cry any longer so he walked through the dark corridors of the manor.

As he struggled to hold back tears, his eyes welled up and threatened to spill over. He quickly wiped them away, not wanting to show any vulnerability. The voices in his head were so loud and overwhelming that he lost his sense of direction. In a moment of desperation, he opened the nearest door and stumbled inside, collapsing to the ground and breaking down in tears.

He was surprised to find himself crying again, after shedding so many tears in the past few days. He didn't know how long he had been there until his sobs began to subside. He wiped his eyes and looked up, only to realize that he was in a storage room. The room was massive, probably because the Malfoy Manor had many ancient magicartefactscts to store. He stood up and looked around, remembering the day he was nine and his mother gave him a tour of this room. 

"That's an apparition prism Draco, it prevents any splicing during apparating" 

"Those are black family mirrors, they help you talk to people far away"

"Draco! don't touch that box, it belonged to your aunt Bella" 

"blood quills were banned in 1834 Draco"

"Those are necromancy globes, to talk to the dead" 

"that my darling is the mirror of Senoitcele, it was made to correct choices of the past," 

Draco's eyes widened when he remembered that mirror. He went closer to it, it seemed like a normal mirror except there was no reflection. It was a black screen. 

"Any choices mother?" 

"Yes, any but at a terrible cost" 

"What cost?"

"The mirror was made with great dark magic, it was illegal to create such a thing, meddling with time is treacherous, anybody who uses it could be stuck in time forever" 

"Really?  How did you get it?" 

 "it belonged to my great grandfather Sirius black II who was a head unspeakable in the ministry"

He remembered asking his mother more about the mirror, but she only ever gave him short answers because that mirror was tempting, she didn't want her son lurking close to it. 

"How does the mirror work mother?" 

"You touch it and It takes you the day you want to go" 

"that's fascinating!" 

"No!" his mother had snapped "If you go through it you will be stuck in it and never come back! Besides this mirror doesn't work properly, it has been untouched for several centuries, there is a high possibility its magic is impaired"

"Oh"

"yes, that is why you must never touch this mirror Draco, neither this nor any other items in this storage, promise me Draco"

"Promise Mother"

Some promises are meant to be broken. Draco thought he didn't exactly know how the mirror worked, with the only knowledge that the mirror could help him rewrite the past. 

Draco felt a sudden surge of hope in his chest. He had found a way to help his family - he would become trapped in the mirror and never return. But at least his parents would be safe and happy. If he played his cards right, he could persuade his younger self to make better decisions.

He sprinted towards his room and went straight to his desk. He could give his past self a note! or leave him a letter! He didn't know if he was allowed to meet his past self but he could at least leave him a letter. He started writing what he thought would be the best. 

A few hours later he found himself in front of the mirror again with a big black notebook in his hand. He was going to do this, he was going to save his family. It didn't matter if he would be lost. He was going to do this. He was going to rewrite his past. 

Rewrite his story 

and with that thought he touched the mirror and thought of the exact day he wanted to go to. 

"30th July 1991"