1 •An Earl's Curiosity

The song of birds and the beam of the morning light slipped past the pretty, long curtains trying to shield the sun from the dark gray blankets hiding a small, delicate body.

Soft blue locks sprawled over a fluffed pillowed, and a small groan could be heard as a child snuggled deeper into the warmth of his blankets.

"Bocchan."

Velvety smooth was the voice, deep and husky to anyone's ears.
Anyone but Ciel Phantomhive that it.

He scowled at the sound of the voice, and in petty defiance, drove himself deeper into his blankets, squeezing his eyes shut as if to block him out.

A pale man hovered over the boy, his crimson eyes sparkling with veiled amusement. He stood up straight, tilting his head as he watched the child's unmoving body, his raven locks framing his angular yet handsome face.

He'd opted to wear glasses today, as per his masters request from the day prior.

"You'd do well to be in my favor from now on, demon." The boy spoke with authority.

The demons lips quirked upwards as he recalled the boys standing stature, his arms crossed as if he meant business before he turned away.

"Bocchan. Today is a special day." He uttered softly as his eyes never strayed from the outline of his masters frame.

"A day for pleasantries I'd rather save for another day, I'm afraid." Came his response.

"But it's your birthday."

The boy sat up rather harshly, his hair wild and untamed as he glared his bright blue eye at the calm demon.

"Then let me sleep in to my desire."

The demon tutted, shaking his head as he rounded the boys king sized bed and crouched to meet his gaze.

"You only turn sixteen once, bocchan."

Ciel's eyes narrowed at his butlers words, and he swung his legs from under his blanket.

"And since when have you become so well versed with human holidays?"

"Since I've sworn my fealty to you, bocchan." Came the reply.

The boy stood up, yawning as he stretched his arms and he watched as his butler rose to his full height, and he frowned at the height difference between them.

Even though he was closer to adulthood than ever before, he seemed as if he were still a thirteen year old boy next to his demon companion.

He'd grown.

Maybe a couple of inches or so, and his body grew leaner, gaining definition in the places where it should.

His face had become more attractive, more feminine.

His lashes, longer and darker. His eyes were still the deep, ocean blue color they were as to when he were a child, and he kept his hair the same way it was three years ago. His lips still had their same plumpness, and even a slight pink hue to them. His body had become more mature, yet his hips were slimmer, dare I say, curvier than he'd like to admit.

"Quite huggable." The demon commented one day as he'd measured his lord for a tailor.

He'd cursed the demon and banned him from dressing him for a few weeks.

He looked like a slightly taller, more prettier version of his thirteen year old self.

"I tire of repeating this process, Sebastian." The boy said with a tone of boredom as he stared up at his butler.