Rainbow Road

*~{Yuni}~*

*~{Yuni}~*

Valentina holds an ice pack to Mario's cheek causing him to wince.

"Sorry." Valentina apologizes.

"That was incredible." Peach compliments before doing some punches in the air. "He kept beating you senseless and you kept getting back up?"

"You just don't know when to quit." Peach inquires.

"Huh. Well, never thought of that as a good thing." Mario states.

"It's a great thing." Valentina smiles.

"Thanks, I-"

The door is kicked off it's hinges and Donkey Kong stands in the doorway, glaring at Mario.

"I let him win! Just for the record."

Mario turns around and leans against the railing."Really, though? Why would you do that?"

"You wanna know why?" DK asks before picking up a barrel and throwing it at the red plumber. "It's mind your own business, that's why!"

Mario hands the ice pack back to Valentina and prepares to brawl DK, again. "Alright, giant
monkey-"

"Enough!" Cranky snaps smacking his cane down between them. "Get inside." He says waving his cane around.

The group enters the hut, DK lounges on the hammock and takes a banana from a hanging bunch, while Peach, Cranky, and Valentina examine the map.

Valentina begins to think to herself as she fiddles with the edges of her Star necklace. There's always been something she didn't understand about Bowser.

She met him once after the defeat of King
Bomb-Omb since the Cave Kingdom was allies with his Kingdom.

Bowser was a stuttering mess the entire time they discussed the ordeal, not to mention he wasn't as mean as she expected him to be, despite coming prepared to fight if anything went wrong.

Suddenly she's whacked in the arm by Cranky's cane.

"Ow!" She yelps rubbing her arm.

"Are you done daydreaming?" He asks to which Valentina nods.

"We've located Bowser's ship." Cranky begins. "He's gonna arrive at the Mushroom Kingdom by sundown."

"Lucky for you guys, I got a shortcut." Cranky tells them, tapping the map.

"We beat him there and ambush him." Peach exclaims, punching the air.