The Long Journey

*~{Yuni}~*

*~{Yuni}~*

Peach leads Mario and Valentina to a balcony as the waterfall parts.

The balcony detaches from the mountain and floats out over the heart shaped lake, surprising Mario.

A giant question mark block rises from the lake and breaks apart, creating a complicated course with artificial Piranha Plants, fire walls, and Bullet Bills.

"If you can finish this, you're coming with us." Peach tells Mario.

"Watch and learn." Peach says as she and Valentina high five and jump onto the course.

"Val. Valentina, wait!" Mario calls, but it was too late.

Both Valentina and Peach jump, dodge, and slide across the course, avoiding the piranha plants, sliding under the fire walls, and jumping over pits of spikes.

Peach spins and kicks the fake cutout of Bowser, the two land on a row of falling blocks and run simultaneously side by side, before an arrange of Bullet Bills launches at them.

They smile and proceed to jump along them and catch the flagpole on the balcony.

Peach floats down using her dress, and Valentina slides down the pole and removes her cap. Wiping it clean on any dirt and placing it back on her head with a smile.

"That was amazing." Mario says in awe. "Wait. How am I supposed to do that?"

"With the Power-Ups." Valentina says, pointing to the smaller question mark block. "They give us special abilities."

She hits it and a red mushroom is released from it.

"Ugh. Really?" Mario says in disgust.

"Go on. Eat it." Peach says

"He doesn't like mushrooms." Valentina tells her with a smile.

Mario groans and hops around, trying to build up the courage to eat the one thing he despises.

"Now this has to be a mushroom? 'Cause I just hate mushrooms and-"

Peach looks at him with a look that says 'You wanna save your brother or not?'

"Okay, okay." Mario says and tries to eat it.

"Are you sure there's not like a-"

Peach grabs the mushroom and forces Mario to eat it. "Down the hatch. Yep, there it is, and all gone."

Mario coughs. "Oh. Not cool."

His body starts to feel weird, and as he examines his hand it suddenly grows twice it's size and hits him in the nose.

His body starts to grow, and he's now the about the size of Peach and Valentina.

"I'm tall!" Mario exclaims.