Chapter 85- Let's Get Married

Nandini felt her legs numb. She remembered Navya's words and tried to walk few steps. She got from her bed and tried to walk. She walked 3 steps and she wants to relax. "Mujhe kya ho gaya! I can't even walk in my room! How will I go till fridge if I need to eat something!" Nandini thought. "I can't wake chachi for every small thing" she thought. She rigorously tried walking many steps but she was tired. She drank water which were placed behind her bed and walked through the bedside and saw through her window.

''Manik ka car" she recognized. "Tho Phir Manik kaha hai" her eyes searched for him. "He didn't even come to see me when I was discharged" she thought. Manik was standing in front of the car but his attention was somewhere else. He was sitting on car bonnet. "Yeh kya kar raha hai?" she tried to see but couldn't because of short window and she couldn't bend more than that. She, with all her might, walked few more steps to another window and opened it. She then saw a gang of 8 dogs were in front of him. "How is he going to deal with them now!" she was anxious. Manik used a stick to escape from the dogs but dogs took the stick finally. Nandini had a hearty laugh after seeing him in that situation. He was talking something to the dogs which obviously she couldn't hear but looks like he made a deal with them. He slowly got down from the bonnet and surprisingly dogs didn't come near him. He went inside the car and proudly came out with a packet. Nandini's curiosity went to peaks. He threw biscuits from the packet and threw them out to all the dogs. The dogs ate biscuits. "Seriously! Manik already got the dog biscuits!" Nandini thought. She went to bed and tried to sleep.

"How should I understand you Manik? I know you love me, but we are always at extremes. Kya pata kal jaake hume phirse break leni padi tho! No I can't bear it. Please leave me, I don't want to take that pain again" she said to herself. She switched on her light to have water. She drank it kept down the bottle. She received a message on her phone. "Everything OK?" the message was from Manik. "Manik would have noticed the light in the room", she thought.

Her mobile rang and the screen flashed Manik's number. She waited for this since long and she immediately picked it up. "Hello Nandini, is everything OK?" he asked anxiously. "Tum iss waqt idhar kya kar rahe ho?" she asked faking anger. "If you had seen I'm here, don't you know what I was doing here?" he asked. "Tum yaha street dogs ko biscuits khilane aaye ho?" she asked. "I had to do that and I didn't know you were seeing, light tho switch on karti, I would have know you are awake. By the way, I'm here to take care of you not your street's dogs" he said. "Dean ho kar tum har patient ke ghar aise jaa rahe ho?" she asked. "No, you are not just patient for me" he said quickly. "Tho Phir?" she asked.

"Ye surgery ke baad Nihal died in front of my eyes, I was a failure. You have encouraged me inspite of hating my decision to do it. Aaj same surgery tumko, I was scared of losing you" he said. Nandini's heart melted as she heard it. "It's okay now, how are you feeling? Are you able to walk?" he asked curiously. "Tumhe kyu batau! You left me when I needed you the most" Manik held his head. "Nandini, give me a break ab tak tumhara ye street dogs mujhe pareshan kar rakha hai ab tum?" he said. "You know how to deal with them now" she said.

"So, let's deal now. Humesha ye jagda mode mujhe acha nahi lag raha hai, ek kaam karo, hum doctor patient hi theek hai, tab tho tumhe jawab deni padegi" Manik said. "Hmm" she said. "OK say now, how are you healing?" he asked. "I couldn't even walk few steps even, I feel so tired, it doesn't pain but I feel I need more energy to walk" she said. "That's because you are not eating well, you were just surviving on intravenous fluids since your accident, you need to eat well" he said. "But maine khaana kha liya" she said. "Not just eating, you should practice walking too, you are just weak" he said. "Manik please mere liye wait mat karo, leave" she said. "Ek baar chodke chala gaya hu, iss baar jo bhi ho jaye tumhe chodke kabhi nahi jaunga" he said. Nandini didn't know what to say. "Mujhe neend aa rahi hai" she said. "Yes, you should rest now, bye" Manik said. Nandini thought of her relationship with Manik, "Why we both are always complicated?" she drifted to sleep without knowing.