Chapter 33- Twisted Tale

Manik heard voices around him and woke up. He could clearly hear his mother speaking. He thought she was talking on phone but then heard a male voice and went down. "Siddharth?" he said surprised. "Hey Manik, good morning" he wished him. "You said, you will come here shortly but itna jaldi" Manik asked Siddharth. "Yeah, I thought it might take a week but destiny has some other plans and here I am" he said. Manik wanted to ask something but his phone rang. "What? I will come there immediately" Manik had cut the call. "Kya hua Manik?" Nyonika asked. "Mom, Nandini ka friend hai na Navya, her dad met with accident and her mom died last night it seems. I'm the duty doctor for her dad so police will come today for investigation" he explained Nyonika. "But beta" she panicked but Manik asked her to calm down.

"No Manik, I will also come with you" Siddharth offered to go with Manik. "No, you have just come, take rest, I will manage" Manik said. "Not a problem, atleast aunty will feel good" he said and Nyonika asked Manik to take Siddharth along. Having no other option, Manik agreed to take him and for some reason, Manik did not like Siddharth coming with him. Manik and Siddharth reached hospital and Raman met them. "Not to worry Manik, its just a police protocol, sudden death and she was not even a patient" he said and Manik went in. He greeted police and he was asked few questions.

"Cabir, I understood your plan" Nandini said chirping but Cabir said, "Nandini, Navya ki mom mar gayi, we just came to know in the morning when we came to hospital". Nandini is shocked. "Where is Navya?" she asked. "Under police custody, police have come early in the morning, they have investigated Navya, Dr. Sushma, who confirmed the death and Dr. Manik, as he is handling Navya's father case. I was just called now, but please if police asks both of you, don't tell that we don't know her mom till yesterday" he said to Nandini and Aryaman. "Yeah that's okay, you go we'll take care" Nandini said and Cabir left. "What's happening around? Yesterday she came, told that she is Navya's mom and today she is dead" Aryaman said and Nandini thought of Navya's mental condition. "Did her parents were informed?" Nandini asked. "I don't know but I think no, because they are not here till now" Aryaman said. "Let us call them then" Nandini said picking her phone. "Are you sure we should?" he asked her.

"Of course, atleast we will call and inform but we wont mess up, please Aryaman" she pleaded him. He agreed and called Navya's mom. "Nandini beta" she picked up the call. "Hi Aunty, I don't have much time, I don't know what happened between Navya and her mom. But her mom, she is dead last night. Please come to hospital and take care of Navya" Nandini said. Alya rejoined the hospital and came to the common room. "Hi guys" she greeted them. "Hi Alya" Nandini wished back. "Why is everyone busy and I heard we are not even assigned any cases for the day" Alya asked. "We are not here to give you updates Alya" Aryaman said. "Aryaman, please let's not do that. Why are you losing your temper on her" Nandini said to Aryaman. "We're sorry Alya" Nandini apologized. "Its alright Nandini, you shouldn't be sorry for this, Aryaman might have not forgiven me" Alya said looking at Aryaman.

"Navya's mom is dead, last night in the hospital" Nandini said. "Oh Gosh! How did it happen?" she asked. "Navya's father met with an accident and last night her mother is dead and we don't know how did it happen" Nandini said. "Life is so unpredictable Nandini. All I have is my sister in this world. My mom died in an accident and dad brought us up. He also died when I was 14. My sister took care of the business and me. But even then, 2 years back her husband died" Alya said sadly. "Alya, calm down" Nandini consoled her. "Where is Navya?" she asked. "Police custody, investigation ho raha hai abhi" Nandini said.

Police asked Navya how her mother died. Navya is crying and couldn't even properly talk. "She is not even in a state to explain sir" Cabir said. "We are doing our duty and please don't interfere Doctor" Police warns him. "Hospital main patients mar jaana have nothing to do with us but someone who is healthy and dead today. Is that an accident, murder or suicide?" police asks Navya. "It was an accident" Raman said coming there and greets police officer. "We don't usually have CCTV footages inside the ICU waiting area, so we couldn't provide any proof. This can't be a murder at all as she is with her daughter and her injured husband. Can't be a suicide as I think there's no reason for that and it might be an accident" Raman said. "Yeah, but you know internal pressures we need to get statement from her family and doctors who are treating her husband" police said and Raman assured them that he will send Navya's statement when she is fine" police went away from there.