Chapter 16- Getting Closer

Manik and Nandini heard Alya screaming outside. They rushed hearing Aryaman's voice along with Alya. "What happened?" Manik asked concerned.

"Manik, Aryaman ne mera phone gira diya" Alya complained. "Alya, I said I'm sorry that was unintentional" Aryaman said to Alya. "Tumne jaan booch ke kiya I know you" Alya blamed him. Aryaman snatched her phone from her hands and before she could react he left it from a certain height that it kissed the floor and broke into pieces.

"Agar maine jaan booch ke kiya hoga tho main aise kar leta, why would I just give a mild attack to your pretty phone" Aryaman smirked and it irked her. Manik and Nandini thought of stopping them but they couldn't.

"How dare you!" Alya raised her hand and Manik tried to stop her. Aryaman held her hand. "Even my hand can be raised Alya, watch out" he said. "Alya, stop it, don't behave like a child" Manik stopped her from behind.

''Child! What are you talking Manik? Can't you see what he just did! Just look at him how he protects Nandini every time" Alya shouted at Manik asked he tried to stop her.

"Nandini ko beech mein laane ki zarurat nahi" Aryaman said to Alya. "Kyu tumhari girlfriend ko koi kuch bol bhi nahi sakte?" Alya clearly instigated Aryaman so that Manik should fight for her.

"Girlfriend!" Aryaman wondered. Aryaman looked at Nandini who is shocked equally. They both looked at Manik and Alya. Alya fumed in anger while Manik's face showed no expression. "We know everything about you! Since last 2 nights you spent with her in the same room" Alya accused and Nandini couldn't stop her tears anymore.

"Alya! Watch your words, Nandini is my friend, she is like my sister and yes I care for her, I do" Aryaman said. Nandini left to her room. Manik left Alya and Aryaman tried to stop Nandini. "See Alya, whatever it is, it should be between us. Why did you drag Nandini into this?" he asked her.

"Then why do you keep supporting her?" Alya said simply. "Even I can clearly see that you and Manik are not together anymore, but why did he keep taking care of you every single damn time!" Manik and Alya looked at each other. "It doesn't mean that he loves you Alya, but he neither hate you" Aryaman left to his room upset.

Manik and Alya stops there in silence. "Manik!" she took his name and he stopped her. "Bahut bol chuki ho Alya ab bas bhi karo" he left irritated. "I just thought how to get Manik out of Nandini's room, but this Aryaman arghh" she sighed in disappointment.

Abhimanyu called Mukti and said that he will wait for her in the parking lot. She came and sat in the car. "No extra makeup, no cheesy greetings and that's how Mukti is!" he commented as she got into the car. "Main late ho gayi kya?" she asked.

"Bas ye no formalities bhi karo Mukti, we're friends yeah I hope next time mujhe ye remind nahi karna padega" he said. "Ha, I promise" she said and he drove her to a Chinese restaurant. They talked about their hectic day and some important surgeries they had throughout the day.

"How did you know that I liked Chinese cuisine" Mukti asked. "Because I saw only you order Chinese at the canteen in the hospital" he smiled. "Dr. Abhimanyu, were you following me?" Mukti teased him. "What would you do if I say yes?" he teased back.

"You're impossible Abhimanyu" they sat and she ordered her favorite food. "Same for me" he said to the waiter. "If you want you can order something else" she said but he said that he wants to taste her favourite food. "You know Abhimanyu mujhe bachpan se koi dost nahi tha, I was so introvert back then" she said eating a bite.

"Ab bhi introvert hi ho tum" he laughed at his own joke. "All I remember is I only used to share everything with my mom, I miss her so much" she said thinking about her mom. "Mukti whenever you take your mom name, let a smile play on your lips. I'm sure she'll be watching you from there and feel happy when you smile for her" he said to her. They walked out of the restaurant and Abhimanyu saw Raman with Ishitha.