Chapter 62- Love or Fear?

Manik showed the star to Nandini with the help of telescope. She is overwhelmed by this gesture of Manik. "I wish ye raat aise hi rukh jaye" Nandini said. Manik smiled and said, "tomorrow is very important for me and I know its going to be tough for me". "I know Manik, you are worried for the surgery right?" she asked him. He smiled and she said its going to be alright.

"Chalo mujhe ghar drop karo" she asked him. "Abhi? No it's late now. Aaj raat yahi so jao, I will drop you in the early morning and don't worry I will apologize your chacha and chachi for this" he said so conveniently. "Main idhar kaise ruk jaungi? No, I can't stay with you like this" she said. "Madam don't get any wrong ideas, main neeche jaunga, you sleep in my room" Manik asked her to agree with him and she reluctantly agreed. He went downstairs to sleep.

Nyonika woke up early in the morning and saw Manik in the drawing room. "Manik, tu itna jaldi kyu uth gaya?" she asked him. "Mom, mujhe aaj jaldi jaana hai, it's an important surgery today" he told her. "I know you'll do your best Manik" she wished him. "Mom, one more thing, Nandini kal raat yahi ruk gayi thi, I've asked her to stay back but I don't have time to drop her now, please ask dad to drop her mom" Manik said before leaving. "But Manik!" he left before she could say anything.

                                             ******************************************
"I've checked with all the organ donation charities and donors se bhi baat kar liya doctor, there's no chance" Aryaman is disappointed again. He tried every possible way to find a matching donor for Sanju but failed every time. Her deteriorating health made her lifetime decrease from days to hours. She didn't even opened her eyes since yesterday. Aryaman saw Manik in the hospital in the early hours.

"Sir, maine suna aaj aap ek surgery karne wale hai which is quite risky!" he said to Manik. "Yes" Manik replied dryly. "Sir, agar patient ko kuch ho jaye tho kya unke parents Sanju ko uska heart donate karenge? Sir please will you let me check if the patient's heart matches with Sanju?" Aryaman asked without a second thought. "Are you out of your mind Aryaman? How on earth you wish someone to die just because you need a heart transplant" Manik is startled seeing Aryaman in that condition.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that. Main bas Sanju ke baare mein soch raha tha, please forgive me" he broke down in front of Manik while Manik consoled him. "We're trying our best to save Sanju, usse kuch nahi hoga, tumhe apna pyaar par bharosa hai na?" Manik's question alerted Aryaman. "Yes" Aryaman replied and Manik asked him not to lose hope. "Kabhi haar math maano Aryaman, always remember it's not over until it's over" Manik left saying this.

Shrikant had dropped Nandini home. He told Mr. and Mrs. Murthy everything that happened last night and why she had to stay back. She quickly got ready to hospital. "Nandu, tu kush hai na?" chachi asked her. "Bahut" Nandini replied. "Bas hume yahi chahiye, mujhe kahi dar tha ki you will think that Manik had left you in his room and went out without even informing you" she said. "But chachi, he had an important surgery today, I can understand what an emergency is to a doctor" Nandini said. "Humesha aise hi understanding raho" chachi said before Nandini left for hospital. Mr. and Mrs. Murthy were happy to finally see Nandini and Manik standing for each other.

                                                     *********************************************
Mukti had called Cabir and Nandini to her cabin. "Cabir, aaj tumhara duty Sanju ke ward mein and Nandini will take care of Mr. Sharma. Nandini, important thing to remember, be careful with Mr. Sharma, be professional with him, and don't take anything to heart, wo kuch bhi bol deta hai" she said to Nandini. "But ma'am, please let Aryaman be with Sanju, he is already searching for a donor for her" he said. "Dr. Cabir, why don't you understand my orders for once! Did I let Navya to treat her dad? Then why would I let Aryaman be with Sanju?" Cabir didn't speak and she asked them to disperse. "Ye Mukti ma'am na kabhi hume samaj nahi aayegi Cabir, she knows what is best for us. Instead of ordering us, she could just say that to us na!" Nandini said. "Aakhir wo hai hi Lady Bheem na" Cabir said and they parted ways.