Chapter 6

Recap

As I read through the letters, I felt a rush of emotions. Sometimes it hurt, and other times it brought me joy. Each word felt like a precious thread connecting me to my parents, holding their thoughts and feelings close to me. Those letters weren't just words on paper; they were a precious link to the past, a source of comfort, and a reminder that my parents' love would always be with me.

***************************************

Bhavya's POV

The loud ringing of the alarm echoed in the room. With a soft yawn, my eyes fluttered open, and my hand instinctively reached for the phone to turn it off. But as I moved, my hand bumped into a hard wooden box, making me wince in pain. Startled, I jolted awake in the chair, accidentally knocking down some letters from the desk.

"Ah! ah! Ouch!" I hissed, nursing my sore hand and glance around, trying to figure out where I was.

This isn't my room. Where am I? Oh right, I slept in the office! Damn, that was a bad idea. My back is killing me.

With a sigh, I bent down to gather the fallen letters and put them back in the box. Deciding to take it with me, I headed back to my room before anyone saw me with it.

I gently put the mysterious box on the bed, thinking of where to hide it. The cupboard? No, too risky. With maids around, they might find it. I need somewhere safe but easy to reach. Suddenly, I get a great idea – under the bed! It's perfect, hidden yet accessible if I put it near the table.

Feeling satisfied, I slide the box under the bed, making sure it's well-hidden. Just as I'm about to get up, my phone rings loudly, startling me. I grab it, trying not to make noise, but the sudden ring surprises me, and I accidentally hit my head on the bedframe. Ouch!

"Ouch!" I mutter, rubbing my throbbing head as I gingerly slide out of bed, massaging my sore head. Reluctantly, I answer the call, cursing whoever is on the other end.

"Hello," I grumble into the phone.

"Oops, not a morning person, I see. Hi, Bhavya," the voice on the other end says. I check the caller ID, and it's Sofia.

"Hi, Sofia. Sorry, I'm just not having a very good morning," I reply.

"That I can see, missy. Anyway, do you have an extra set of brushes? I broke one of mine by mistake. Tell me you have it. Please!!" she pleads in a cute manner, making me chuckle before responding.

"Yes, I do have an extra set. Don't worry, I'll bring it with me."

"Really!! Thank you so much, babe. See you then at work. Bye, bestie." We both giggle, and she disconnects the call.

Feeling a bit more positive after talking to Sofia, I decide it's time to get ready for the day. I head to my walk-in closet and pick out an outfit. Afterward, I make my way to the bathroom, performing my daily routine and taking a quick shower before changing into the clothes I chose. As I finish getting ready, I can't help but smile, knowing that the day might just take a turn for the better.

 As I finish getting ready, I can't help but smile, knowing that the day might just take a turn for the better