Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Foreboding clouds cover the sky, not an ounce of light can be seen, a wild wind caresses Bhavya's hair as she steps into the plane. Without wasting time, she looks for her seat and sinks in, still deep in thought about how she got here.

"Oh yes, because of the project my boss decided to include me, but there's nothing I can do; it's a lifetime opportunity," she thought. The ominous atmosphere outside seems to mirror the uncertainty and unease within her. As the plane taxies down the runway, Bhavya can't help but wonder about the challenges awaiting her at the mysterious historical site.

The engine roars, and the plane ascends, piercing through the thick clouds. Bhavya gazes out of the window, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The turbulence shakes the aircraft, mirroring the turbulence in her heart. "Is this the right decision?" she muses, her eyes fixed on the darkened sky.

(Flashback)

Bhavya entered her workplace like every other day, greeting everyone she passed on her way to her office. She put her bag down and got her lab coat, heading to the lab to check on the status of the relic that had arrived the week before.  After two hours of exhausting restoration, she heard her assistant Clarissa's voice.

  After two hours of exhausting restoration, she heard her assistant Clarissa's voice

(Bhavya's office)

"Miss Bhavya! There you are. I've been looking for you," Clarissa said, catching Bhavya's attention. Bhavya looked up and asked, "What is it?" 

"Boss told me to give you this file, saying it's for a new project or something," Clarissa replied. Bhavya took the file and sent Clarissa away. 

As she started reading, Bhavya got more and more interested. But when she saw the location of the site, she felt a shiver down her spine. "No, I won't take this project," she decided. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice her boss entering the lab. "Isn't it fascinating?" he said, breaking her concentration. 

"Huh! Oh yes, it is, but... I can't do this project. You know I can't handle anything related to that place," she explained. "Bhavya, you won't overcome your fears if you keep avoiding them. This is a chance to face them," he encouraged. 

"I... I just can't, Mr. Black," she whispered. "You can, Bhavya. And you'll get to work with your idol, Mr. Ratan Das," he added. Bhavya's eyes lit up at the mention of her role model, but she still seemed unsure. 

"O-Okay, I'll think about it," she agreed reluctantly. Her boss nodded, knowing it was a tough decision for her. "Whenever you're ready, I'll be here," he assured her. Bhavya pondered over her choice, torn between confronting her fears and the excitement of working with someone she admired.

(Bhavya's House)

When Bhavya told her grandparents about the project, they exchanged a silent glance before her grandmother spoke up. "Bhavya, whatever you decide, we're behind you," she said softly. Her grandfather nodded in agreement. "But maybe, just maybe, you should take this chance. It might not be as bad as you think," he advised.

Later, in her room, Bhavya pondered over their words. After a night of deep thought, she reached a decision. "I'll tell the boss tomorrow," she decided before finally letting sleep take her.

The next morning, Bhavya joined her sister Kavya for breakfast. "Good morning, Kavya," she greeted, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Good morning, Didi," Kavya replied. "Grandma told me you're going away for a project. Take me with you, Didi. I'll be so bored without you," Kavya pleaded, her lower lip jutting out in a pout. Bhavya smiled sadly. It would be the first time they'd be apart. "Don't worry, Bacha. You can visit me during your summer vacation," Bhavya reassured her, earning a squeal of delight from Kavya, who hugged her tightly. They shared jokes and giggles over breakfast.

After a light-hearted breakfast with her sister, Bhavya drove to her office, the bustling city streets alive around her. Her decision from the night before weighed heavily on her mind, mingling with both excitement and nerves.

Upon arriving, she settled into her office before heading straight to her boss's office. "Hey Aria, is the boss in?" she asked her assistant. Aria nodded, and Bhavya thanked her before knocking on the door. "Come in," her boss called out, and she entered.

"Bhavya! So, have you made your decision?" her boss inquired eagerly. "Yes, I have," she replied with a nod. His face lit up with a smile. "I knew you'd say yes. Here are all the details, including your ticket. Oh, and Mr. Ratan Das wants to meet with you to discuss the project further. He's been working on it for three years," he said, not pausing for her to respond. Bhavya took the files and sighed.

Leaving her boss's office, a mix of excitement and apprehension filled her. "How am I going to manage?" she wondered, uncertainty clouding her thoughts. The challenges of the project ahead and the prospect of meeting Mr. Ratan Das left her with a knot in her stomach.

(End of Flashback)

  (Bhavya's Outfit)

  (Bhavya's Outfit)

Bhavya's POV

As the plane took off, I plugged in my headphones, trying to calm myself with music. Halfway through, my phone buzzed, and I saw a message from my grandmother saying I'd stay with my favorite Aunt Kanika in Rajasthan. Suddenly, the thought of living there didn't seem so bad. With a sense of relief, I drifted off to sleep, music still softly playing in my ears.

I woke up to the pilot announcing our imminent landing. Taking out my earbuds, I put them in my pocket and gathered my things. When the plane landed, I stepped out, taking a deep breath as I looked at the place I had dreaded.

INDIA..........

***************************************

Hello lovely reader, (sends kisses💜❤ (❤ ω ❤))

Sorry it took long to write this chapter. Right now, I just have too much on my plate, with exams, practical's and all that study related shit... But don't worry I'll still try to update this story often.

Anyway, enough about all this, let me know in the comments how you liked the chapter 1.

Don't forget to vote guys!!!

Love you all 💟

See you in the next Chapter................