Chapter 2

(Recap)

I woke up to the pilot announcing our imminent landing. Taking out my earbuds, I put them in my pocket and gathered my things. When the plane landed, I stepped out, taking a deep breath as I looked at the place I had dreaded.

INDIA..........

***************************************

Bhavya's POV

Exiting the airport, I looked around for my aunt, who was supposed to pick me up. Finally, I spotted her by a car, holding a sign with my name. Relief flooded over me as I hurried towards her, giving her a tight hug. "Maasi! I missed you so much," I exclaimed. She laughed warmly and hugged me back. "I missed you too, baccha. Let's get in the car. We can catch up on the way home."

As we drove, I couldn't help but admire the scenery. Excitement bubbled inside me as we approached the gates of her house. Passing through, I gazed in awe at the magnificent mansion before us. Getting out of the car, I followed my aunt to the front door, my excitement growing.

"Welcome to your new home, Bhavya," Maasi said with a smile as she opened the door. "Wow, it's amazing," I said, impressed by the grandeur of the mansion.

Maasi chuckled at my reaction. "Come on, I'll show you to your room." She led me to a room in the middle of the second floor. "This is your room. You can unpack, and I'll make you something to eat."

Still in awe of the room's beauty, I nod enthusiastically. The light walls, comfy bed, closet, and hanging succulents make it feel fresh and welcoming. And the balcony filled with plants adds to the charm. "It's stunning!" I exclaim, unable to contain my excitement.

Maasi smiles warmly. "I'm glad you like it. Make yourself comfortable. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." As I unpack, the reality of my new adventure sinks in. I feel grateful for the unexpected warmth and comfort of this breathtaking mansion in Rajasthan.

After changing and settling in, I head downstairs to the kitchen. Maasi gestures for me to sit, placing a stack of pancakes in front of me. I thank her and start eating. Maasi sits across from me and shares some important news.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. You use the office on the third floor. It belonged to your father, but since..." I notice the pain in her eyes when she mentioned my father. "...in any case, you can use it. It hasn't been used in a while, so it might be a bit dusty. But we can clean it up for you."

Feeling a sense of responsibility, I offer, "I'd like to clean it myself, if that's okay." Maasi nods in agreement, "Of course. The cleaning supplies are in the basement. You can grab them when you're ready." I nod and continue enjoying the delicious pancakes.

After finishing my pancakes, I wash my plate in the kitchen before heading back to my room

After finishing my pancakes, I wash my plate in the kitchen before heading back to my room. Unsure of what to do next, I notice the balcony and decide to go out there. Grabbing my iPod, I step onto the balcony. The cool wind ruffles my hair, and I take a deep breath, enjoying the refreshing air.