Fiction

That basically describes Khun and Rachel's relationship perfectly...

Anyways, enjoy!

"Free food... list.. 6 o'clock...." A screechy voice from the megaphone erupted, but I couldn't care less. I gazed at the ceiling as I lied down on my back, my hand reaching for the top. One hand was pushing back my hair, and I remained expressionless. 

Was the tower really such a great place? Was what was up at the top worth risking our lives over? 

'Yes. Yes it was.' That was my clear answer only a couple of days when I had just entered tower. At that time, I was so happy that I had finally escaped my family, but I had now entered a new place of despair. The tower. What was so great about it? All I encountered was betrayal, more blood and corpses and the lack of trust. Bam was probably the only one with innocent intentions - chasing after a girl. I was envious of his determination, and recalled Endorsi's words back in the Hide and Seek game. 

'It's in your blood.' I recalled, and I sighed as I wondered if being surrounded by monstrous people and blood was truly in my blood, after all my last name was 'Estrada'. 

Damn this blood. 

Damn this family. 

Damn this tower. 

I clenched my teeth while for a brief moment as I questioned if climbing the tower was even worth it. 

"But anywhere is better than back there." I muttered to myself, and my tummy growled amidst the silence that followed my self-talk. 

I remembered that the screechy voice from the megaphone mentioned free food, despite not paying much attention to the details.

 I was feeling hungry, and it is a human's natural instinct to eat when they are hungry. 

***

"One Evankhell special fried rice." I said to the person at the counter and I waited to collect the order. When I got the food, it smelled a little unusual, so I grimaced at it. Well free food is free food I guess. 

As I was looking for a seat to sit down on, my eyes drifted towards a certain regular who was getting out out of his chair, his face showing irritation - it was Khun. However as his face met mine, a small smile lit up on his face and I smirked back at him. There was something that I had wanted to talk to him about today, and it was quite an important matter - at least to me. 

I got closer to him as he stood still, then whispered into his ear, my lips only centimeters away from brushing onto to it. "I'll come see you at 5, you better be there. I want to ask you something." He nodded and walked away, and I sat down in a chair nearby Endorsi. Khun was potentially one of the most irritating people because he called himself a genius, and well - he was right. It annoyed me so much that he was always right and that his plans always seemed to work. Whenever I talked to him, I would suddenly be put off guard by his remarks. Sure, he was probably Bam's friend, but I still couldn't come to like him. Or maybe, I just didn't want to get closer to him. Maybe, I was afraid of what was to follow if I did get closer to him. 

I turned to my right and noticed that Endorsi was only two seats away from me. As our relationship was quite awkward now, I turned away although we both met eye contact. I had preferred that we didn't interact at all. 

"Hey." Endorsi spoke to me first, although I had desperately wanted to eat without any disturbance, especially from her. 

"What?" I responded half-heartedly, continuing to eat as my spoon clashed onto the bowl. Her expression then turned into a grin as she looked at me.