Friends

3 days had passed, and today became the first day that the classes for the wave-controller candidates would commence. 

I sat beside Bam, hoping to confirm if he was actually an irregular like I had suspected. I approached him kindly, smiling to try to get him to relax. 

"Hi. I'm Malisia." I introduced myself as I smiled, and I was glad to receive the same welcoming smile from Bam. 

"Hi Ms Malisia! My name is Bam. I hope we can get along. Mr Khun mentioned you before, he told me that you healed me so I can wake up quicker." His smile were like flowers, when I saw it it felt like my heart was melting from the warmth he shone. This boy, Bam - I admired his innocence. He was potentially one of the most clueless yet sweet boy I had ever met. It was a surprise that he even wanted to climb the tower in the first place, where he would be surrounded with people that killed out of greed. Or maybe this was all a fake act that he was holding, to lower people's guards and strike when they underestimate him. Like my mother, who lied everyday in order to maintain the fake persona that she wanted. 

I grimaced at the thought of my mother, but returned to my warm expression when I faced Bam. 

"I see... It wasn't a big deal. I'm glad you made it to class today." I gave him a brief smile, then faced towards the front where we were greeted by the teacher, a rice-ball figure called Yuga. 

Yuga, the teacher, continued to explain the powers of shinsu, as well as how dangerous it was. And with that, I agreed. The only reason I wanted to use shinsu at this point was to heal people like how I had healed Bam. I wanted to save, not kill. 

The teacher then went on about 'the contract with the administrator'. Although I hadn't made a contract with the administrator yet, I was still somehow able to freely control shinsu. It was like that from the very beginning - I had already been emitting shinsu as a baby like breathing. It came naturally to me, though it should have been impossible. But even so, I decided to try making a contract with the administrator, to test my limits. 

"Pocket, visible mode." I said as I closed my eyes, following Yuga's instructions. 

"Contract with the administrator." I continued, and my mind was sucked into a dark void almost instantly, where I was greeted with darkness and an unusual looking monster. I stared at it while I admired it's monstrosity. It was so unusually colossal, and darkness flowed out of it like breathing. 

"I'm the administrator of this floor. Are you here for a contract?" The figure questioned me in a deep raspy voice that echoed for an eternity. 

"That's right." I answered, trying to maintain my composure. But as I said those words, it quickly alarmed the monster, somehow. I could feel anger build in the shape, although I could not visibly see it. I stared into it's eyes trying to analyze it's emotions and tension. 

I could feel that something was wrong in what I said, yet I didn't know what was wrong with it. 

"That voice...! The 'one' has finally come to save us! Daughter of the seas, the million eyes of the gods, wielder of true shinsu - has come to save us. Ece!" It almost felt like he was speaking in riddles, or perhaps he truly was. I felt my anger rise when he mentioned my mother's name, yet I was perplexed on why the administrator had mentioned my mother's name in the first place. What did this all mean? Daughter of the seas? No, I was the daughter of my father Estrada and mother Ece. I only had 2 eyes, and that was 100% certain. I did wield shinsu well even without making the contract with the administrator. But there was no such thing as 'true shinsu', there was only one type of shinsu - shinsu. The last section of his speech however, was partly true. One of my main priorities in the tower was to save as many people as possible.