𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: mentally in miami

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻: mentally in miami

( 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 )

Micha groaned at the knocking at her door. She squirmed and felt Lando beside her, but he didn't awaken. The bright Miami sun shone through the curtains, giving his tan skin a sunkissed look. His curls were a mess atop his head. Somehow, he was more handsome than usual.

Her admiration of her new boyfriend was interrupted by a louder, more desperate knock against the wood. Micha groaned lightly and untangled herself from the mess of limbs, her feet padding against the carpet to the door.

She didn't look through the peephole before she opened the door, which was a mistake. There stood Oscar, looking very annoyed. Micha quickly and inconspicuously shut the door slightly so he wouldn't see a sleeping Lando in her bed.

"And what important event has caused you to come banging on my door at 7 am?" Micha asked him. Oscar quirked an eyebrow, "7? Try 9."

Micha's eyes widened. Their flights were at 9:45, so they had exactly 45 minutes to leave for the airport. Before she could say anything, there was a sudden thud. Oscar's brows furrowed, "What was that?" He asked.

Micha's eyes widened slightly as she shut the door more and noticed Lando, who had somehow fallen out of bed. He looked at her, and Micha tilted her head quickly toward the bathroom. He got the message and quietly hid in the bathroom.

She turned back to Oscar. "No idea. Maybe it was in someone else's room." Oscar didn't look convinced, "It was definitely in your room. Did you have somebody over?"

Micha felt her cheeks warm up and prayed Oscar didn't notice. "Oh, please. Do you really think I'm a hit-it-and-quit-it kind of girl?" Oscar feigned disgust and rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Can I grab my charger? You took it and didn't give it back."

She nodded and allowed Oscar inside, where he immediately found it plugged in. He took it and stopped when he noticed the bed. It had indents where two people had been sleeping. "Are you sure nobody was here?"

Micha rolled her eyes, her heartrate quickning. "Yes, I'm sure." She told him, "Bye, Oscar."

Oscar looked hesitant to believe her but nodded. "I'll meet you in the lobby with Lando." He said, "Speaking of Lando... I need to find him. I swear, if he makes us late, I'll kill him."

There might be another reason you'd want to kill him, Micha thought. She said goodbye to her brother. When the coast was clear, she opened the bathroom door. Lando stepped out, looking as nervous as she did. "That was close," Lando commented.