𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: fool me twice

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: fool me twice

( 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 )

Micha looked down at her phone, checking that she was walking to the correct location. Oscar had invited her to stay an extra day in Australia and get lunch together— she accepted the offer. She knew the next time she would see Oscar was up in the air. Knowing her schedule, it would probably be a while.

She approached the welcoming, general cuisine restaurant that she, Oscar, and her parents visited as children. Micha opened the door and immediately spotted her brother— who could miss that dirty blonde hair?

Micha sat on the seat opposite Oscar and grinned. "Hi, Osc."

"Hey, Mi." Oscar greeted her, "You doing okay?"

Micha nodded slowly. The situation with Lando was still heavy on her mind, but she couldn't allow it to bother her as much as it did. If Lando were done with their friendship, she'd accept that, even if it hurt her. "I'm okay. Sangyeon's gone out sightseeing, so it's just been me."

The siblings' conversation continued. They ordered a cheeseburger and a side of fries for Oscar and a chicken parmesan for Micha. "Mom and Dad will be able to come to more Grand Prix's later in the year. Do you know what ones you'll be able to come to watch?"

Micha shook her head as she took a bite of her food. "No, I'm not entirely sure yet." Micha explained, "It depends on what our schedule looks like— but I'll try my best. And Sangyeon too, depends on his schedule."

Oscar's smile faltered at the mention of Sangyeon. He recalled the conversation with Lando and knew he had to bring it up to his sister— but he wasn't sure how. He fumbled with his fingers as his mind tried to find the words. "Mimi... Are you sure Sangyeon is who you think he is?"

Micha stopped suddenly as she was forking up more food. Her eyes looked at her brother in confusion. "What? What do you mean?" A bad feeling formed in her stomach at her brother's serious expression.

"I mean, how do you know he's been totally honest with you?" Oscar asked her. That only confused Micha more.

"Osc, I have no idea what you're talking about." Micha told him, "Can you not talk about it so cryptically? What happened?"

Oscar sighed. She had to find out one way or another— Oscar couldn't stand by and watch Sangyeon isolate Micha entirely. "You know how Lando was... well, acting weird?"