The Start

Sophia

"I am 24, I can take care of myself" I sighed, it's been the 30th time and my brother still doesn't get it.

"Why don't you understand, I'm just being-" He said, those who have a brother knows how protective your brothers can be.
"You are being Overprotective." I cut his off, as I hung up switching it off.
Leo Hamilton, can be Overprotective sometimes seeing how the circumstances is. I can understand his worry.

Which brother would not be worried, when his sister sneaks out?

I can feel my legs tremble due to nervousness, What would Mom think and how would Dad react?

I was not sneaking out of my house bit my country, where I lived through my childhood, my teens and now I'm leaving all of it behind.

"Welcome Aboard, Your seat is 5F. Hope you have a safe journey." The airhostess gave a professional smile as I returned one back.

Is it OK??
Can I ignore my past and move on?
Can I really step outside my country?

I pinched temple, sighing. All of these thoughts are stressing me out. But I know one thing for sure, there is no turning back from this point.

I decided to listen to music rather than my thoughts, Music really escapes you from reality.

"Excuse Me, Are you going to GRBA too?" A faint voice grabbed my attention back.
"You go to IBMF too?" I followed her gaze to the admission letter popping out of my bag.
"Yes" I nodded as her eyes glint up, followed by her hug. She seems an extrovert.

"Oh, Sorry. I was just a bit excited" She said facing away, embarrassed.
"No, it's Okay. I'm Sophia and will be transferring in the Business and finance Section" I said forwarding my heart, as I felt my heart pound like crazy.
It would have been best to just stay at home and watch kdramas under my blanket.
Why am i here? What if she rejects me?

"Olivia, Same Section. I'm so happy we are in the same section." She smiled grabbing my hand, see it's okay my heart to step out of comfort zone.

We chatted for the whole 3 hours of our flight and she even recommended me a book.
"Shatter Me?" I asked, seeing the beautiful cover with Mesmerizing eye drawn. It says so many thing, it speaks of loneliness like the cold winter and much more.
"I never understood the concept of putting an eye on the cover?" Olivia groaned, as I looked over again finding more details.

"Sucks because it does speak of so many things." I said, reading the back page as I felt her Rollin her eyes making me chuckle.

Dear Diary, I would never forget this day when I made the first and genuine friend.

We arrived half an hour earlier than the original time.
"I can drop you and I'm not a drug dealer." She whispered the last words in my ears making me chuckle.

"No, No. It's fine. My brother will be here soon. He would be upset if he knew I went with you." I said with apologizing eyes, she genuinely wanted to help me and here I was stuck with my comfort zone again. I should've went with her only, that would have been best because I didn't knew when my phone betrayed me and when I went to the nearby bus stop it started pouring.

Just my luck, I felt the drops stinging on my skin. I am such an idiot, would it kill you to sit with Olivia when she was so keen to drop you off. If I was in a game of choose choices for survival, I would've died by now or worse eaten by a boar. Just then I heard a loud thundering and it started pouring immensely.

Why is the bus stop so Deserted? I looked around feeling no sign of human life, but I do feel like someone is watching me.
Is it the same guy that-
"Get In." The voice said and soon I knew who it belong to when he rolled down his car window.
I remember him, he is on my brother's team, after a short discussion with myself to get in or run and chose to get in.
I was so engrossed in my past that I didn't even knew when a car pulled up and as he claimed, he called me out 15 times.
"Here" He said handing me his phone with a screaming Overprotective brother, ready to skin me alive.
"Sophia, do you even understand that it's not Canada it's D.C. and you were in a Deserted place alone. Do you even understand that a girl cannot be safe and you don't even know any defense. How will you save yourself with a ketchup-" He yelled through the phone furiously but his last line made it hard to control my laugh and boom, he is now really angry.

"Sophia Noah Allen, Are you seriously laughing right now?" He screamed as I saw the face of his teammate, holding his laugh. Laugh, laugh. Everybody should laugh on my situation.

"I'm really sorry Leo. I promise I won't get into anything dangerous again. I swear." I said to which he let me go after a whole 10 minutes of lecture.

"You are Leo's teammate." I said feeling nauseous from the eerie silence in the car.
He simply nodded, arrogant.

"Why did you come to pick me up?" I asked trying the second time.

"You can ask him the reason when I'll drop you off." He said sternly making a turn.
Stern, I think that would define him. Blonde Hair, sharp jawline, jade green eyes with no emotion in them. He is indeed a sculpture out of an Italian Museum. God took time in creating him.

I ignored him pulling out my book instead and getting engrossed in it, never knew when sleep took over me. It's been such a whole since I soundly slept.