:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:13: Worried Sick

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

Chapter 13: Worried Sick

Waking up to the realization that I love a man I don't know isn't as quite as fun as you'd imagine it would be. Realizing that last night my have been my last night I see him, only makes me feel worse. And it doesn't help that Nessa and Eva choose that moment to barge into my bedroom demanding to know what the hell is going on with my new boy-toy, as they put it.

Worrying about Xavier as much as I am is confusing enough, I don't need the added pressure of lying to my bestfriend's added to that mix. But what else can I do? It isn't like I can just tell the whole truth, they'd think I'd gone off my rocker completely. To be honest, I don't think I'd blame them, either. I feel like I'm off my rocker. I feel helpless, nothing I try to think about or do to get my mind off of that man works, and I'm sick and tired of trying.

Lying to Nessa and Eva has never been my strong suit, I always crack under the pressure of their gazes. But this time it isn't my secret to tell. If Xavier wants them to know the truth he can be the one to tell them, its not my place to. Trying to come up with some reason why my dad would be apprehensive of him enough to tell Dunkan and Trevor to watch him around me, though, is not as easy as I'd like it be. Lying to my two bestfriend's, the ones who've been here for me through every dramatic act my father and brother pulled on one another, makes me feel sick inside.

Postponing the inevitable, though, is such a waste of time. I'd managed to talk them into letting me shower and shoved them out the door when my dad called up that he had breakfast done, or for them it would be lunch. Its noon on a Sunday and I'm pretty sure I've got the world's worst hangover ever. So thinking of any lie I could tell them with my head feeling like its splitting in two is useless.

Despite my best efforts, as the hot water sprays down on me, I start worrying. What happens if he underestimated those men? What if there are more of them here than he originally thought? What if they catch him off guard and kill him? Why am I going insane worrying about him so much?

He shouldn't matter so much to me, at least not so quickly. It makes me ill to think about all the things that could go wrong for him and I hate it. I've never worried this much about one singular person before in my life. Not even Dad or Shawn, and I don't understand it. How can he mean more to me than the only family I've got left? It makes no sense.

And then there's the fact that I'm actually considering leaving with him if he has to go. How insane is that? Before I was worried sick about what it would be like to leave home and go to college and now I'm considering leaving home for good with a man I don't really even know. The longest I've been away from home would be two weeks, and that was only because Eva talked me into visiting her grandma with her. It wasn't like I didn't think I'd never see my dad again, or never hear my brother's voice. If I leave with Xavier there'd never really be any type of guarantee that I would be able to come back and visit.