:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:11: Too Much Too Soon (Part 1)

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

Its a bit rushed, because everyone's running around,throwing things, screaming at one another and every other thing imaginable my lovely family does when they get together for Easter. I love them I really do, but it would be nice if they'd tone it down just a little bit.

Enjoy.

Chapter 11: Too Much Too Soon (Part 1)

I'm his what now? What the freaking hell is a mate? Is that like one of those movies or books, or whatever? Some kind of Twilight like, shit? Its not even supposed to be real! But, Werewolves aren't supposed to be real either, are they? None of this should be real. But hey, what do you know there's a Werewolf carrying me like a baby to my car, right now. Oh, I think I need another drink.

“A what?” He couldn't really be serious, could he? I mean, first he tells me he's a Werewolf and now I'm his... mate? What's gonna be next? What could possibly come next? Wait, I don't think I want to know, I'm already going insane enough as it is now. There's no reason to add anything else to the mix.

He sighs, opening the passenger side door of my car to place me in the seat. Its my car, dammit. “You are my mate, Arianna. That is why your safety means so much to me. You mean everything to me.” I mean everything to him? Everything? He doesn't even know me. How can I mean everything to him when I'm virtually a stranger to him still? And why do I think I might like the idea?

“You don't know me. How can I mean anything to you?” I don't like it, but I like that I mean something to him, even though I don't know how I possibly could. Does that even make sense? I don't know if it does, but hell, I don't know how else to put it into words. I don't like that I like that I mean something to him. There, I think that might be even more confusing. Urgh.

His smile is sad as he shuts the car door and its still on his face when he walks around to the driver's side and gets in. “I may not know you, but I have every intention of getting to know you. That is, if you still want me around after this. Arianna, you may not believe me, but you are everything to me, even though I may not know much about you. If you still wish for my company we will get to know one another, alright?”

I frown at him, “Yea, I guess, but I still don't get what this whole mate thing is. Is it like that imprinting thing in Twilight?” The question makes me feel a little self-conscious, but really, I don't know what else to compare it to? I don't know enough about what he's talking about to think of anything else it would be like.

“What?” The confused smile he gives me as he turns the car on and backs out of Eva's driveway makes me blush, even as my frown deepens. Was it possible he'd never heard of Twilight? Never seen the movies or read the books? “What is Twilight?” No freaking way. He doesn't know what Twilight is?