Chapter twenty four

Tamera's pov

"Why are you messing with Matteo?" Charlie questioned, his eyes filled with anger and hatred towards me.
"What do you mean?" I asked being genuinely confused about what he's talking about.

"Oh, don't play dumb Tamera. You know exactly what I'm talking about." When I gave him another confused looked he scoffed and ran a hand down his face, "Gosh, you're so fucking stupid."

"I have no idea what you're getting all heated about but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't insult me." I stated with a tinge of annoyance.

Charlie clench his jaw before saying, "Matteo is going through a lot of shit, ok. And he doesn't need another dead weight like you on his shoulders. Oh, and he definitely doesn't need your boy toy making his life anymore difficult than it already is."

I furrowed my eyebrows with frustration, "This is about Ross?!" when he didn't answer and his gaze remained cold and hard, I had my answer. "Oh my gosh. You do know that I'm not responsible for Ross's behavior."

"Of course I know that." He replied, "I even know about your lame attempts to get him to stop. But if it weren't for you, none of this would have happened. Did you know Matteo almost lost his job because of what happened with Ross at the diner? Did you that Matteo was supposed to be home early last night to watch his sisters? But he came home late because of you and your drama with Ross. Did you know that Ross is going on a freaking rampage on Instagram saying a lot of bullshit about Matteo?!" he paused, "Of course you didn't!" he let out a humorless laugh.
I stayed silent. I couldn't bring myself to say anything because it was true, I didn't know any of those things. Matteo would always sugarcoat things when I asked him about it. Matteo never said anything and I guess its my fault for not pushing hard enough for an answer.

"You're a manipulative, self centered, pain in the ass and don't even realize that your actions are hurting people around you. And Matteo is too naïve to see you are the problem. You only care about yourself." He growled.
"That isn't true. I care about Matteo more than you can ever imagine. And of course I don't want Ross to hurt him-" I was cut off by the humorless chuckle of Charlie.

He rolled his eyes and the looked back at me, his eyes darken "If you care about Matteo as much as you claim, then leave him the fuck alone. Maybe then your little fuck toy Ross would leave him alone and we'd both get what we want." He said with a sickeningly sweet smile.

I scoffed "You know, maybe you should be the one to leave him alone." I was tired of being nice to Charlie. I was always nice to him even when he'd make snappy comments about me.

"Maybe you're the manipulator and the dead weight that he needs to get rid of. Have you ever thought about that Charlie?" I questioned him calmly, my eyes not breaking away from his.

He pulled back and blinked a few times, "That's ridiculous. I'm trying to help him-"

I cut him off with an annoyed sigh "And how is you getting rid of me gonna help him?"
"Because you're the problem. I thought I already explained this to you." He sneered.

"I will admit it, I didn't know that Ross's actions affected Matteo so much and I don't deny that I had some role to play in it all. But you just can't tell me that I should leave him alone. Matteo is the only person at that party that helped me last night after Ross-" I paused not wanting to bring it up because if I did, I'd cry and I don't need that right now.

I cleared my throat "Look Matteo is the only genuine person in my life right now, okay. He's the only friend that I can trust and I will not let you get in the way of that." I said sternly.
Charlie rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Friend? Please Tamera I know that you two are more than just friends. He doesn't let anyone wear that you know." He said pointing down at the hoodie I was wearing.

I looked down at myself then a wave of realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I analyze every word Charlie said and I realized something. Something that I was too blind and clueless to realize before.

"You don't like me very much. You hate that I've gotten close with Matteo and now you want me out of his life." I muttered, "Charlie, do you like Matteo?"

Charlie, for the first time, let out a genuine laugh "That is ridiculous." He said in between breaths.

"Well, you act as if you are." I stated crossing my arms across my chest. I felt stupid for letting such a thought cross my mind and Charlie's laughter made me feel even more stupid.
Charlie's laughter subsided and his voice lowered into a menacing growl when he said "I do care for Matteo. He is my best friend, My brother. And I just want what's best for him, and that's not you. So leave him alone or i'll-"

"Or you'll what, Charlie?" I heard a calm, soft voice behind me. I turn around to see Matteo, his dark brown eyes seemed to become even darker as he glared at Charlie and his posture threatening.

Charlie tore his eyes away from me and to look at Matteo. His posture stiffen and his stormy glare clashed with Matteo's. Charlie then returned his glare to me as his hands curled into fist. He said nothing probably because he had nothing to say, and his threats were empty.

Matteo glides across the room and took a stance next to me, towering over Charlie's now cowered posture, "Or you'll what, Charlie?" Matteo repeats, this time his tone menacing and heated matching the intensity of his glare.

Charlie looked down at the counter unable to look Matteo in the eyes, he cleared his throat. "Or I'll nothing." He murmured.

Charlie then looked up at us and his eyes flickered between both of us his eyes lingering on me for a bit longer , "I'm just looking out for you." his eyes filled with genuine care and honesty as he looked at Matteo

Matteo's eyes softened as he let's out a weary sigh. "Lets talk later, okay." Matteo dismisses the topic and I couldn't help but feel guilty. I could see why Charlie didn't like me, he thought I was gonna hurt Matteo but I had no intention of doing that. And I needed a way to prove that some how to him.

So I did what I thought was best, "I'll go. Leave you two to talk." I said mostly to Matteo. He nodded and gave me my purse and phone before he lent me his car so I could get home, I left right after that leaving them to resolve whatever was going on between them.

As I made made my way home, I could help but let my mind drift back to Wendy. I couldn't believe she let our friendship slip away so easily for a boy. But that was something for me to worry about later, right now I have to worry about how I'm gonna explain to my mom everything that happened and why I'm going home at this time. Meaning the morning after the party.

Yay me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello fellow humans.

I know it's been awhile but I promise I'll try to be more frequent with these. But I doubt it because I'm now in the 10th grade now so less free time for me.

Yay.

Anyway, thank you all for reading and enjoy it. Please vote.