Chapter fifteen

Tamera's p.o.v

I was so excited to hang out with Matteo and Charlie after school, although I don't think Charlie likes me very much. He kept giving this death glare earlier when Matteo invited me over.

Anyway, I'm not gonna let him spoil it for me, whatever is his problem he can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

I don't really play video games but I still accepted because it was polite and I wanted to know more about him. For now I knew he was funny, kind, loves his family more than anything and is a bit socially awkward which I found adorable.

"Tamera!" Wendy called out to me snapping me out of my thoughts "Are you even listening to me?"

Currently I'm eating lunch with Wendy. Half way through I tuned her out since all she can talk about is her beloved boyfriend Tommy. Its not that I'm not happy for her but damn, he doesn't have to be the subject of every conversation we have.

"Uh.... Yeah I'm listening." I say stabbing the weird looking macaroni with my fork.

"Great where was I? Oh, Tommy said after we graduate he's going to get a tattoo with my name on his wrist so the girls at his college will know that he's taken." She ranted.

I fought the urge to scoff and roll my eyes. It was the most cheesy thing I've ever heard but it was kinda sweet. Maybe I need to accept the fact that he might actually like Wendy.

"Oh and we're going to adopt a cat and name it ginger. Isn't that great?" she asked.

I gave her a tight lipped smile. "So great."

"Ok enough about me. How have you been doing. I feel like we haven't had a proper convo for a while." She said.

Yeah that's because you're to busy sucking faces with Tommy. And did I mention that she's only sitting here with me today because Tommy had a practice session?

"Well nothing much happened. School's great except for calculus, I learned a new trick on my skateboard, I'm thinking about dying my hair and I made a new friend." I say finally giving up on my lunch and pushing it away.

"Who's this new friend?"

"Matteo." I said and she gave me a questioning look. I then pointed to the table where he was sitting at. He was laughing at something Charlie said. Another thing I know about Matteo is that his smile can clear up a cloudy sky even on the rainiest day and that I have this weird feeling in my stomach that makes me wanna blush. "The one in the blue shirt ." I say to clarify who I'm talking about.

"Oh. Is he new, I've never seen him."

"He kinda is. He transferred here on the first day of school." I said.

"Oh, well he's cute." She said. "Do you like him?"

If I wasn't paying attention to Wendy this whole time she sure had my full attention now.

"Why would you ask that?" I asked laughing nervously. I don't know why I got nervous all of a sudden. Maybe it's the way she confronted me about it.

"Well, you do think he's cute, don't you?" she asked.

"Well yeah, I'm not blind." I said looking down at my hands. "Then you like him." She giggled.

I scoffed. "Liking someone and being attracted to someone are completely two different things." I answered her.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, let's go to class."

We got up and threw away our trays and went to class.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

After the last bell rung I went to my locker to get my skateboard and books which I'd need for homework.