Chapter five

Tamera's p.o.v

Standing in front of my mirror I checked my outfit one more time.
Its Saturday night so I have the date with Ross. I wasn't looking forward to it but I actually made an effort to look nice. I was wearing a spaghetti strap top with light blue flowers on it, along with that I threw on a pair of black, oversized, denim jeans, a white pair of sneakers and a light blue cardigan in case I got cold. My hair pulled back into a slick bun and my makeup light and two little gold earrings.

When I was finally satisfied with the way I looked I grabbed my phone and purse and headed out of my room and made my way downstairs.

As I entered the living room I saw my mom and brother watching something on the television.

"Hey honey, where are you all dolled up to go?" My mom asked turning her attention away from the TV for a second.

"Um, I'm going out with some friends." I lied because if she knew where I was really going she'd get all excited and pamper me with questions.

Travis huffed from next to mom "She's a liar, she's going on a date. I heard her ranting about it to Wendy on the phone." He said while stuffing popcorn into his mouth.

"A date!" My mother shouted. "With whom? Where is he taking you? Is he cute?" she questioned excitedly.

I glared at Travis. He knows why I never tell mom thing like these. I'm going to murder that little piece of s-.

My phone dinged from in my hand. I looked at the screen and saw that it was a text from Ross.

Ross: I'm outside.

As much as I didn't want to go out with Ross, I at least expected him to come to the door or something, but he send a text.
Q
"As much as I'd love to answer your questions, my date's here to I have to go." I said slowly backing away.

"Travis sleep with one eye open." Was the last thing I said before I opened the door and walked outside.
As I made my way to the car I saw Ross leaning against it staring down at his phone. He was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of denim jeans with a black jacket and a simple pair of shoes. I have to admit he looked good.

He looked up at me as I stand in front of him with a smirk on his face.
"You look amazing." He stated, his eyes scanning me from head to toe.
With a tight lipped smile I thanked him and we got into the car. The whole car ride was quiet except for the radio playing in the background.
In about fifteen minutes we arrived in front of a familiar diner.

"Dennys? Really you brought me to Dennys?" I deadpan
Dennys is a little diner that everyone hang out at everyday after school. I don't consider it a place where you go on a date.

"Um no, no this is just to get something to eat before the real event come into play." He said, chuckling nervously.

Unbelievable, its only been fifteen minutes and this is already a disaster. I'm giving up my Saturday night for this? When I could be at home watching whatever my mom and brother are watching.

I blew a frustrated sigh, reminding myself that I'm doing this for Wendy.
"So shall we?" he asked.
I nodded and got out of the car. Tonight is going to be interesting.