Chapter Seventeen

Tamera’s p.o.v

A few weeks passed since I went over to Matteo’s house and we started hanging out more. We ate lunch together most of the time and I went over to his house sometimes after school. I even learned how to play a few of the video games that they were so invested in.  

But despite that I was always around, Charlie still gave me these dirty and would ignore me when I was there. I honestly don’t know his problem with me…… but am I gonna confront him about it?
Absolutely not.

And as for me and Matteo, I can say that we get along pretty well. We have common interests and similar sense of humor, so I think he would be a good friend.

Or boyfriend.

Shut up! Like who gave you permission to speak?

“Hello!” Wendy shouted as she waved he hand in front of my face, snapping me out the trance I was in. “Are you even listening to me?” she asked as she rolled her eyes.

I blinked “Yeah. Totally.”

I most definitely was not listening to her. I learned to tune her out a long time ago. I love Wendy but this girl can talk a lot.

“Anyway as I was saying…….. do you think we should do angel and devil or peanut butter and jelly?” She questioned.

“I’m sorry who is we again? And why are you talking about costumes?” I asked taking a bite from my sandwich.

Wendy groaned, “I knew you weren’t listening. Well you know that Jemma is throwing a costume party for her bday, right?” she paused and I nodded. This party is all everyone could talk about since I came to school this morning and Jemma “Good, so I want your opinion on what is the best couple’s costume for Tommy and I.”

“Oh! Well none of the above.” I stated shortly. “They’re both cliché and every couple there is going to wear that.”

Wendy rolled her eyes “Then what should we go as?” She let out a  frustrated sigh.

“Harley Quinn and the Joker?” I shrugged.

“That’s even more cliché.” She stated rolling her eyes.

I sighed as she continued ranting about the costume party when I felt a weight plopped down besides me. I turned to see Jemma.

“Hey Jemma. We were just talking about your party.” Wendy chirped.

Jemma smiled. “Oh. I hope you guys already picked your costumes.”

Wendy nodded even though she hadn’t and Jemma turned to me with a sweet smile.

Jemma was a short, pretty,  chubby girl with long flowing black hair and almond shaped brown eyes with bow lips that was always painted in a light pick colour. She was very friendly and everyone in school loved her.

“Tamera you’re coming to my party right?” She asked me.

I nodded with a smile on my face. I don’t really like parties but it was her birthday and she gave me a personal invite. I couldn’t say no.

Her eyes lit up. “Good. Is your cute friend going to be there?”

I blinked at her. “Which cute friend?” I asked genuinely confused.

“The one sitting at that table.” She said nodding to a table that was a few feet away from us. I turned around and only one person caught my eyes……… Matteo.

Oh no. She couldn’t be talking about Matteo, right? Oh gosh, please no.

“Um Charlie?” I asked hopping that she was taking about him and not Matteo.

“No not him. The one wearing the blue shirt.” She smiled.

“Matteo.” I said forcing a smile. All of a sudden I lost my appetite and a pit was formed in my stomach.

She nodded. “Is he going to be there and do you know if he’s seeing someone?” 

“I don’t know to both of your questions but you can ask him if you want.”  I said faking a friendly tone.

“That’s an excellent idea, thanks Tamera.”  She chirped and got up and went back to where she was sitting.

What the hell just happened? Did I really help someone else get with the guy I’m…

Crushing on? Yes you idiot.

I’m not crushing on him.

Really, girl you need to stop denying this shit and accept it. You like him more that just your friend and you’re scared you’ll ruin your friendship.

I internally rolled my eyes. There was no way I could like Matteo I’ve only known him for a month and three week, and no I’m not counting….. but that’s not the case its too soon for me to have that sort of feeling for him. I don’t want him to think I’m clingy or whatever.

The bell that rang snapping me out of my thoughts. “We’re going shopping after school so be prepared.” Wendy said getting up and going to class and I followed suit behind her.

      °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

It was now after school and I was in the community mall looking at cheap excuses that they called costumes.

“So Tommy and I decided that we are going to go as Peter pan and Wendy.” My best friend chuckled. “Get it because my name is Wendy?”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh wow, I so didn’t catch on the first time.” I said sarcastically.

“So what are you going as?” she asked as she rifled through the racks for her costume.

“I don’t know. I have my old Harry Potter costume in my closet somewhere maybe ill wear that.” I said looking through the costumes.

“That could work I guess.” She shrugged and continued looking through the racks.

After about and hour we left the costume store empty handed and Wendy dragged me to another store. She finally found something and now she’s trying it on while I wait for her.

As I was waiting I felt my phone vibrate and picked it up to see a text from Matteo. A smile immediately found its way on my face .

Matteo : Hey. Are you going to that party that everyone cannot shut up about?

Me: Yeah, you.

Matteo: Yep but I have no idea what costume to wear.

Me: Maybe you can be the cowboy that Jamiee loves so much.

Matteo: lol. Maybe. What are you gonna be.

Me: you’ll have to wait and see.

“So what do you think?” Wendy came out of the changing room wearing a blue, knee length dress with a little bow in front.  

“Cute and simple.” I answered shortly.

She squealed and changed into her own clothes and bought the dress. As she was doing that I received a selfie from Matteo.

It was him in a cowboy hat and a boyish smile on his face.

Before I could I typed out the word “cute” and pressed send.

He was so adorable. I really hope he doesn’t take a liking to Jemma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my fellow humans . I am back

First things first thank you for  2k reads 🙏 😊 ❤

I hope you enjoy this chapter please vote and leave a comment.