CHAPTER 7

looking with longing and caressing Akshara's music note bracelet, the one he had found at the ghat while searching for her soulful voice the very first time, which had been a symbol of them meeting each other and which now had become his constant companion. All he could think about was this mix of emotions he felt, from having a peaceful sleep for the first time in the past six years to this uneasiness and excitement rushing in his veins, all reminding him of her presence.

Since he landed in Shimla, his heart had felt this wired connection with the city. This had never happened before and he had a good feeling about it. 

Abhimanyu quickly got ready for the long day ahead and strode down the stairs only to find a young man in his early 20s, excitedly pacing the hallway. The Boy turns and smiles brightly as he sees him walk down.

 V - Abhimanyu Bhaiya, Namaste. My name is Viraj, the caretaker's grandson and your guide from today. Nice to meet you, Bhaiya.

Viraj said excitedly as Abhimanyu walked down the stairs. He shook his outstretched hands and smiled politely.

ABHI - Hi, nice to meet you, Viraj. Come have some breakfast with me and then we can go out.

After breakfast, both of them sat in their rented convertible jeep and drove off to visit the tourist spots but soon, Viraj was stunned when Abhimanyu declined to visit the city's main tourist attractions and rather opted to visit local markets and malls, NGOs, hospitals, schools which specialize in music and local residential areas. 

Even though Viraj was perplexed by this request, he still obliged and tirelessly toured the places and made Abhimanyu accustomed to the city.

Abhimanyu was grateful to Viraj as he could not take help from the local police authorities in finding her as Akshara was already pronounced dead, and the blurry clue was not sufficient proof for them to take any action. 

It had been a few days since Abhimanyu had started his search, but till now every path had led to a dead end. Viraj was also quite confused by Abhimanyu's behavior and could not see him so distressed anymore, so he finally built his courage and asked Abhimanyu what the matter was.

These few days Viraj and Abhimanyu had bonded well together to the point that he considered Abhimanyu to be his brother and Abhimanyu too felt Neil's resemblance in him making him act like an elder brother toward him. 

V - Bhaiya is anything troubling you, I have been noticing you for the past few days and clearly something is disturbing you. You can tell me, Bhaiya, I might be able to help you.

Abhimanyu had a complicated look on his face as he contemplated the answer and after a few seconds sighed heavily when he saw Viraj's determined eyes, which refused to hear any lies and let things go. 

ABHI - Viraj, I know, for the past few days I might have given you the impression that I have some loose screws to be fixed but I am in that kind of predicament. I am here to find a person, who has been missing for the past six years, but I am in a situation where I can't even get help from the police and hence I have been searching for her on my own.

V - Bhaiya, even though we have just met recently, I still know you enough to tell if you need fixing or not, and to be honest you do need fixing, but it is not your brain, it's your broken heart that needs healing. Anyway, I will not ask you why the police can't help you locate this person but don't worry I will help you find the person.  Do you have a picture of this person, I have been living here since I was born and I have better connections here than the police. I might not know the person, but if the person lives here I might be able to help you find them.

Abhimanyu muses over for a bit and finally shows Akshara's photo to him.  

ABHI - She is my wife, who has gone missing for the past six years. I finally got the clue that she might be in Shimla, so I came here to find her.

Viraj looks at the photo, trying to jog through his memory but soon realizes that he has not seen her. He asked Abhimanyu to send the photo to him so he could get help from his contacts to find her whereabouts. He didn't want to give any false hope to him about them finding her soon enough but he promised Abhimanyu to partner with him till the end and find her, however much time it takes.

After their forlorn conversation, Viraj took Abhimanyu to visit a Buddhist temple in an attempt to lift his mood a little. The temple was quite peaceful making Abhimanyu relax a little. He enjoyed the silence and the positive aura that surrounded the very air of the temple.

-~*~-

The next few days were again spent trying to locate Akshara. Viraj had already circulated her photos to all his contacts in Shimla and had requested them to notify him ASAP if ever they got any clue about her.

Abhimanyu and Viraj had decided to search places separately as it would be faster. They had equally divided the locations and would search in the respective areas. 

While trying to search for her through all NGOs, hospitals, and schools in a particular locality, Abhimanyu had entered another school which was a few meters away from the previous one he had just visited. 

After telling the guard his purpose of visit, Abhimanyu was about to head toward the principal's office when a commotion at the center of the children's playground caught his attention.

A crowd of children, barely six or seven years old were standing in a circle around a Trio of two girls who were busy shouting and pulling each other's hair while a boy was trying to pull them apart for a civil conversation.

Soon, the fitter girl pushed hard the petite one, making her fall on the ground with a thud. Her left arm got some scratches from the friction when she fell which had started to bleed.

The little girl started crying painfully while the boy quickly hugged her, trying to console her.

Abhimanyu always had a soft corner for kids, being a doctor he was also very compassionate toward his patients and their families but for some reason, Abhimanyu felt a pang in his heart when he saw the petite girl in pain and felt like destroying everything that had caused that girl to cry which was quite unusual of him as though he was empathic, he knew his boundaries and never got attached. 

Abhimanyu did not know what came over him as his feet automatically moved toward the playground. His eyes were fixated on the two little munchkins who were busy hugging each other. The girl's eyes were closed and big fat tears fell through them tugging at his heart.

Suddenly the girl lightly opened her eyes and he was met with another pair of teary hazel orbs looking back at him. The girl kept looking in his direction and Abhimanyu could see her brain churning out some weird theories as her expressions kept changing and her painful sobs turned into soft sniffles.

She looked too cute and for some reason reminded him very much of his Akshu, he couldn't help but give the girl a soft smile. 

The girl stiffened at first but soon she loosened herself from the boy and came running toward him with arms wide open, a bright smile on her face as she kept calling him papa, making Abhimanyu rooted on the spot with shock.

----------------------------------

Hello lovely readers 💙,

I am back with another update, hope you all liked the flow of the story so far. The story will now pick up its pace a little.

Please vote and comment your thoughts on the story and chapter. You can also follow my profile to get all notifications about my stories.

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Thank you.