06

The next morning I was back at work like I had said. Lucas was already at work with that bitch Melissa.

“Look what the cat dragged in” she said snorting.

I went ahead to hug her–just to irk her “Good morning my darling Melissa”.

“Ew get off me!” She said in her high pitched voice flailing her arms like I was some kind of disease. As soon as I left her she rushed to the bathroom.

Lucas laughed in the background as I released her. “Now that's how you greet a colleague” I said walking back to Lucas' who had his palm out for a high five.

“Good morning Lucas” I didn't know why but I was extra chippy today.

“Good morning Kay, how was yesterday?” He asked smiling,knowing fully well how Kyle is.

“Oh please. What can he do that I can't take care of?” I said looking at Melissa who was walking back to us.

“Bitch” she muttered as she walked past me. Just then Kyle walked out of the elevator.

“Morning boss” I greeted him,he turned to look at me with a scowl. What did I do now?

“Good morning Mr Kyle” Melissa said smiling like the Cheshire cat. Wow. Never knew she could change her attitude like the flip of a hat.

Lucas greeted him as well but he didn't answer and just walked into the office.“You better be extra careful around him today Kay.” Lucas said behind me.

“Sure” I said as I followed behind Kyle since I had to give him his coffee. I watched as he sat down and I gave it to him.

“You have a meeting with Mr Moreno by 9:30 this morning. Then you're free till 2pm where you have a meeting with the Ammons . After that you have lunch that has been booked already at The Grands. And then you have a meeting with your dad and other board members”. I told him his schedule for today.

“Leave” was all he said, after everything I had said.

I left the office and went to my desk to start working on the flashdrive he was going to take to the meeting with the Ammons. Just as I was finishing up with it, Kyle called me through the intercom. I went ahead to knock then I entered–hearing him say come in of course.

Immediately I entered, he started yelling at me,“ What is this?” he asked throwing a file on his table.

“ What sir? ” I asked picking up the file. To say I was scared would be an understatement.

“I asked you to put the folder for Diamond corps inside my drawer, then why did you put the Golden corporation folder instead?And where is the contract that I'm supposed to sign with Mr Moreno? Why are all the emails for the dealers wrong? Where is your mind when you're working huh?!” He snapped and my eyes shot up. Yes maybe I made a mistake, but he has no right to talk about the way I work. Just yesterday he told me I was hard working and now he's insinuating that I do work well.

“ Excuse me?” I said.

“Leave it. I want it to be corrected and to be submitted by 2 pm. Do you understand?” Seth said.

“Yes boss” I was just about leaving when I remembered “ Oh and you took the folder for Diamond corps home yesterday. And the contract for Mr Moreno is under Golden corporation's folder.” I said and left his office collecting the file.

Surely the file would take the whole day to be corrected but I decided to complete it today and throw it in his face.I checked my watch, 9 o'clock already. And with that I started the work.