02

After I left the office, I went ahead to look for Lucas, the secretary who is also Kyle's friend I think?... Then I found him, talking to a pretty redhead.

"Umm am I interrupting?" I asked with a polite smile.

"No..no... you're not" The redhead said while blushing.

Maybe Lucas told her something.

"Sir said to meet you so you'll tell me what to do Mr Lucas" I told him.

"Oh right and please just call me Lucas" he smiled. "This is my girlfriend Clara" Lucas introduced.

No wonder she was blushing,they're a couple.

"I'm Kayla" I was about to shake her hand when she pulled me into a friendly hug. "Finally another friendly face" she said and I smiled.

"So umm we'll see each other later" Lucas said.

"Oh okayy..."

"Or do you want to come?" He asked her.

"No I have work by the way" Clara said smiling sadly.

"I feel so bad for taking him away from you" I said to Clara.

"It's okay, why don't you join us at lunch today?" Clara asked me smiling a little.

"That's if the boss allows her" Lucas muttered.

"Yeah I hope he does" I responded.

"Okay bye then" Clara said waving.

"Bye babe" Lucas said pecking her lips.

"B..Bye" Clara stuttered blushing.

I laughed seeing the both of them and then I walked out with Lucas. "I guess you must love her very much" I said starting a conversation.

"Yes, so much" Lucas smiled.

"That's so nice, I wish I had luck in love as well" I said loving the fact that I have a couple as friends.

"You mean you don't have a boyfriend?" Lucas asked with disbelief written all over his face.

"Is it that shocking?" I asked. My love life was nothing close to sweet.

"Yes... I mean you're a pretty girl,with long brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, and a pretty body...any guy would like you" Lucas said politely.

"You probably shouldn't say that. Clara would kill you if she hears you." I said and we both laughed.

"Hehe thanks for the compliment". He smiled "You're welcome"

" I mean I have an ex though, we dated for two years but guess what...he was cheating the whole time, we broke up immediately I found out." I explained to him.

"I hate men that cheat" Lucas said making a face of disgust.

"Okay enough of love talk, is there anything I need to know about the boss?... I mean apart from the fact that he's arrogant and cold" I asked him.

"He takes coffee twice a day, in the morning at 8am sharp and during lunch time. He goes on a trip to Miami every three months to visit his parents and to close some business deals as well. Any little mistake will warrant you to lose your job" Lucas started listing things which I mentally noted.

"How many years have you been working here?" I asked.

"Five years"

"I'm guessing the boss is ruthless to you too?"

"Yeah,most of the times he's snappy but he can also be a good friend if he chooses to" He said, "We better not say bad things about him cause these walls seem to have ears" he told me and I giggled.