CHAPTER SEVEN; the girl on fire

"oh, miss everdeen, i'm gonna get you"

...

NOT LONG AFTER THE SUN started going down, you were ran into by Peeta Mellark.

He turned his head and looked from you to Marvel, who had his spear pointed at him, with wide eyes.

He held his hands up in surrender. "Wait. Wait. Before you kill me, I know where Katniss is."

Cato gestured for Marvel to lower his spear and stepped closer to Peeta. He adjusted his sword in his hand and looked down at the boy.

"Show us." Cato ordered with a smirk. He then gestured ahead of the path. "Lead the way."

Peeta stood frozen and Clove pushed him forward.

"Come on, Lover Boy. Move it." She glared and Peeta stumbled ahead.

"Uh, this way. I saw her not long ago." Peeta looked back at your group then ahead of himself again.

Leaves and sticks crunched below your feet as the now six of you made your way through the woods.

Then the Panem anthem began playing loudly around the arena and Glimmer excitedly tapped your shoulder as the six of you looked up to the sky.

The fallen tributes were being shown. And it started with the boy from District 4.

That meant Derek was still alive, which brought you a strange kind of comfort.

It stopped after District 10, meaning both tributes from 11 and Katniss were both still alive. Obviously Peeta was, he was right behind you.

Soon down your path, you spotted an orange light not far ahead, and the smell of smoke told you it was a fire.

"There." You pointed ahead. The four Careers and you started moving ahead, Peeta right at your heels as you got closer to the fire.

The girl sitting in front of the fire was rubbing her hands together, trying to keep warm.

A twig was snapped as Cato got closer and the girl turned with a gasp. Upon seeing her face, you recalled her as the female tribute of District 8.

Marvel was smirking beside you as Cato handed his sword to Glimmer.

Glimmer walked closer to the girl, who started to beg.

"No, no, please don't kill me!" She cried. Glimmer stopped in front of the girl and raised the sword. The tribute let out a loud scream before Glimmer stabbed her to death.

Then the cannon went off and you were moving again, laughing at the scene that had just unfolded.

That marked 12 tributes down.

You came across a snare that looked a little too small and fragile to catch a human, and just walked past.

"'No, don't kill me!'" Clove mocked with a laugh.

"Wait! Did you see the look on her face?" Marvel chuckled and you looked up at him.

"How stupid can you get?" You commented, rolling your eyes and Marvel laughed louder.