CHAPTER FIVE; the interviews

"now, from district 3, we have another young lady here, and her name is y/n"

...

YOUR STYLIST HADN'T DONE THAT bad of a job this time. You actually liked the dress you wore. It was a nice color, looked rather flattering, and actually felt comfortable to wear.

Marvel seemed to like it too, because you kept noticing him watching you from across the waiting room.

Then all the tributes were told to line up and you found yourself staring at Cato's back.

There was a tv at the front of the line so you could see what was going on in the interviews before you.

First up was, obviously, District 1.

"So, our first tribute is from District 1." Caesar spoke to the crowd. "District 1, someone likes District 1. Why? Do you have money on District 1?"

You rolled your eyes at Caesar as he obnoxiously laughed along with the audience.

"I'm not allowed to bet contractually."

Cato shifted in his position, blocking the screen from your view for a moment.

"District 1, we have a lovely young woman and her name is Glimmer. Glimmer." A few people in the audience laughed. "Let's see if she does indeed shine. Let's have a warm round of applause for Glimmer!"

She came out onstage in a pretty pink dress with a wide smile as she waved to the audience.

"Look at you." Caesar took Glimmer's hand in his own. "Look at you. Look at you. That is quite an outfit. Don't you think?"

Glimmer giggled as Caesar offered her the microphone. "Yes, Caesar, and it feels good too."

"It does? Let me see..." Caesar went to touch Glimmer's dress and you made a face. The whole interaction was creepy. "Oh! Oh, you mean- You mean it feels good on you. Sorry, almost got myself into trouble there. Bad boy. Bad boy. Slap my hand."

Glimmer did so with a wide smile. She knew what she needed to do to get people to like her, to get sponsors.

"Do it again."

Soon after Glimmer's interview it was Marvel's turn and you happily watched as he took a seat beside Caesar with a smile.

Marvel wore a blue suit that complimented him perfectly. His stylist absolutely knew what they were doing.

"Why have you always wanted to be here? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? And how do you feel about the competition?" Caesar asked Marvel the list of questions, and Marvel adjusted his position in his seat.

"Well, ever since I was a little kid I would- I'd watch these Games, and I would see someone kill someone else." Marvel explained.

"Yes." Caesar nodded along.

"And I just thought, 'That's me.' My dad was a hunter and I- I just remember I've always wanted to volunteer for these Games and it- it really goes to show that if you just- if you apply yourself and if you focus, that all your dreams can come true."