2

A weeks left

Today is the day, the day I finally get to meet him. As I reach the airport, anticipation courses through me. Waiting patiently, I hear a familiar voice after five long years. It's Jungkook, waving and coming towards me. Unable to contain my happiness, I run towards him, and we share a tight hug. Breaking the hug, I ask, "How are you, oppa?" He replies, "I'm fine, Y/N. How are you?"

Jungkook, with a warm smile, adds, "Thank you for coming, Y/N, especially with your busy schedule." I brush it off, saying, "It's nothing, oppa. I was just happy to see you again." While we chat, a girl with long hair approaches us, standing beside Jungkook and holding his hand. My heart sinks as she questions Jungkook, "Why are you not waiting for me? Did you forget your own girlfriend?"

Confused, I inquire, "Girlfriend?" Jungkook nods, "Yeah, Y/N, I have a surprise for you. Meet my girlfriend, Yuri." The words hit me like a ton of bricks, breaking my heart into pieces. I force a smile, controlling my emotions as Yuri extends her hand for a handshake. I reluctantly oblige and then lead them to the car.

During the silent drive, Yuri breaks the silence, "Y/N, Jungkook told me a lot about you. How you've changed his life and become a successful CEO. He's always proud of you." Trying to keep up appearances, I give a fake smile, responding, "Oh, really? That's nice to hear." As we drop them off at the home I arranged for them, I hand over the keys, pretending everything is fine. Yuri invites me to lunch, but I decline, citing work.

While coming out of the home, lost in my thoughts, a truck speeds towards me. In an instant, someone pulls me towards himself-it's Jungkook, a deja vu from the situation we faced five years ago. Concerned, he asks, "Y/N, are you okay?" I nod, "Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you for saving me again." As I drive away, emotions flood my mind, reminiscing about the day we first met

|Flash back|

Five years ago...

was a 17-year-old high school girl drowning in the despair of my own existence. Life felt unbearable with the people around me, the constant bullying, and the isolation I subjected myself to. Neither my family nor my relatives understood me, branding me as a "psycho" for not conforming to societal norms. I found solace in books, an escape from the harsh reality.

In the vast mansion I called home, I was always alone. My parents remained distant, preoccupied with business trips and parties. One fateful night, as I immersed myself in a book, the door swung open, and my parents confronted me. Their disapproval was expressed through my father's slap, a harsh reprimand for reading at night. This wasn't new; their anger and physical punishment were routine, an outlet for the stress of their business problems.
But that night, something within me snapped. I found the courage to shout back, questioning why they brought me into this world only to treat me like a burden. Fueled by anger, I declared my decision to leave. Ignoring my mother's desperate pleas to stop, I ran into the rainy night, seeking an escape from the torment of my own home.

Standing in the middle of the road, raindrops mixing with my tears, I awaited an oncoming truck, embracing the possibility of escape from my tortured existence. In that dark moment, a hand reached out, pulling me away from the path of the truck. A stranger, a man with a handsome face, had saved me.

In that moment of despair, as raindrops mixed with my tears, he extended his hand and offered me his scarf. His friendly smile provided a flicker of comfort, and I managed to say, "Thank you."