Chapter 14 - The Best Condition (4)

“What the hell? Can you really be in such good condition?”

Denif placed his plate on the table with a face full of excitement and surprise. Orhen, who was usually quiet, had a similar expression.

I guess that was how astonishing I was today.

To be honest, I was surprised too. I knew I could do well. My body felt so good.

But I didn’t expect to be able to perform like this against Denif.

I had seen Denif practicing during physical training many times. I had been sincerely amazed by his skills.

How could he move like that? And at the age of 13? That was what I thought.

But today, I was able to move just as I had envisioned. Just like Denif back then.

Even though Marhan told Deninf not to hold back.

“Yeah, I didn’t expect it to go this far either. It’s my first time holding a sword.”

I laughed lightly and playfully twirled my utensils. I wanted to chat and build a friendship while my body was in such good condition, but time was running out.

Twenty minutes for eating and brushing my teeth was not nearly enough.

“That’s why it’s so amazing! No, on the day you first hold a sword, you fought me on equal terms because you’re in such good condition!”

Denif blurted out.

Orhen, frowning slightly as if Denif were about to spill his food, spoke up.

“…Denif is right. Carlyn is strange.”

The children’s reactions were expected, given how astonished Marhan was.

Still, yes, it was strange to hear it face to face. It wasn’t a wrong statement, but it felt bittersweet hearing it from Orhen instead of Denif.

“But I’ve been like this before. Usually lacking strength, but occasionally overflowing with energy. My mind works well too.”

“How often does that ‘occasionally’ happen?”

Denif’s eyes lit up.

“Well, once a year? It can be faster or slower.”

“It’s too infrequent.”

When I relayed Marhan’s comment to Denif, he made a disappointed expression unexpectedly.

“That’s true. But why are you more disappointed?”

I asked him indirectly, and Denif shrugged his shoulders.

“Rekun and Mohen have left, and Orhen is a wizard, so there’s no suitable opponent for me. Marhan and Boutreaux are too strong.”

Saying that, Denif took a bite of a roasted chicken leg and continued speaking.

“To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I saw you.”

“…Really?”

“Yeah. We talked about it before, about your slow growth rate. Even with your Mystic, it was honestly underwhelming compared to what I expected. It’s similar to the ones I’ve seen before maybe?”

It was something I had heard before. Denif hadn’t come here because he caught the duke’s attention from the beginning.

As the Chief of Intelligence of a nation, the duke naturally created spies in various places.