slip ups.

Jake was walking home, his eyes heavy, waiting for that text. Jake checked his phone every two seconds and sighed when he saw no notifications. He walked at a steady pace, his backpack weighing down his sore shoulders.

He groaned as he walked through the door being the first one home because his mom was at work and his little brother got out later than him. He walked up to his room tired and threw his backpack onto his messy floor alongside all the rubbish.

That's when he heard a loud ding from his phone that almost made him piss himself. He then quickly scrambled to get his phone and he saw a text from stacy. His hope went away, but he responded anyway.

Stacy: HIII JAKE!!!

Jake: Hi!

Stacy: My brother said he needed you number whyyyyyyyy

Jake: oh i just need to talk to him about something give it to him please.

Stacy: ok!

Jake then went and played a game on his phone while anxiety joilted through him waiting for the text. Finally he got the text and he immediately clicked on 

No caller ID: Stacey wants you to come over.

Jake: what? Fine.

Jake sighed and got up waking out of his house and started walking to Stacey's house.  He walked a bit faster than he did walking home. Once he got to Stacey's house he was let in and Stacy brought him to her room.

Jake sat on the floor and Stacey started to ramble on about what happened between her and some girl. Jake started to space out. That's when he heard the door creek open and Drew walked in and paused looking at jake.

Jake's heart started to rise and he felt a warm feeling as he looked at him. He quickly stopped making eye contact with him as he turned his head to look at the floor. Drew walked over and ruffled Jake's hair which made his heart want to beat out of his chest.

“Hanging out with your girlfriend, jake. Jake then rolled his eyes at him.

“No.” Jake said, still refusing to make eye contact with him.

While Stacy and Drew were arguing, Jake spaced out into his own thoughts.

“I think this is more than just a crush..” Jake thought to himself until being broken out of his daydream to draw laughter.

“See he's over there blushing!” Drew said giggling.

Jake then accidentally spoke out loud.

“Not from stacey..” He said in a hushed tone but loud enough to where the other people in the room could hear. Stacy and Drew looked shocked and then Jake realized what he said. 

“Excuse you?” Drew said out of shock making Jake's heart drop further down his ass then before.

Stacy just looked confused and almost hurt. While Jake sat there like a dog who just got screamed at. The silance was tense in to room and jake felt the overwhelming feeling of ‘i just fucked up’ dreading over him.

He then just got up and grabbed his bag and headed for the door as he scrambled up all his stuff while shaking and quickly walking away he reached for the door nop to leave stacy's room until he got pulled back and thrown to the ground by his hood.

He could hear Stacy crying as she left. Drew looked at Jake and sighed. Before growing more agitated.

“You're a goddamn loser you know!” he scoffed. “What did i fucking tell you dont hurt my sister and look what you did you stupid bitch! Keep you fucking thoughts to yourself!” Drew yelled leaving the room and slamming the door.

Jake felt the tears fall from his face. Tears of regret and fear. He got up and then left and started walking home. 

“Bit of an overreaction..” Jake thought to himself but then he thought again.

“Should I care for Milo like that? He's just being a good brother..” He then shook his head.

“Just because we feel like.. That doesn't mean we can justify his actions..” Jake stopped his little argument with himself. 

He walked through the doors of his house and went up to his room. He then let everything sink into his heart that was said to him that day while the adrenaline had left his body as he let out a shaky sight and let tears fall from his eyes. He thought it was stupid of him to cry over a boy.

“I'm acting like a pussy!” she shouted to himself before laying back down. He felt like a moron for crying over Drew insulting him. He honestly didn't give a shit that he made Stacey cry, he was focused on how Drew called him a loser.

“Fucking stupid!” he bagged his head on his head bord, one hard hit that made him wince and gave him a headache. He cried some more and finally fell asleep for the night as warm tears rolled down his rosey cheeks.