Chapter 5: Vanessa

Word Count: 947

That night. Mike, Abby and I arrived to Freddy's. I was against Abby coming but Mike insisted it was fine. Once we pulled up, we saw Vanessa's car. I couldn't help but find that name familiar. We walked in and Abby ran to the animatronics.

"Hey Vanessa." Mike greeted her.

"Mike..." She said back.

"You knew about this." He told her.

"I guess you figured it out." She answered.

"Ghost children possessing giant robots?" He said. "Thanks for the heads up."

"She wasn't the only one who knew..." I said sheepishly as I entered behind them.

"Y/n?" Vanessa turned around.

"Wait, Vanessa?" I chuckled and we hugged.

"What?" Mike was confused.

"Vanessa was the one who saved me..." I trailed off and looked to Foxy who was staring at me. "From that thing."

Abby called us over and showed us a drawing of a fort. "It needs to be big, so we can all fit inside." Mike began trying to talk Abby out of it but Vanessa suggested we use the tables for the fort. Mike gave her a look and she shrugged. Once we finished, Abby suggested a roof and Vanessa and I went off to look for something that could work. Mike followed behind us.

"What are we looking for exactly?" He asked.

"Table cloths." Vanessa answered. "They used to keep them back here for big events."

"Right, and remind me how you know that?" He asked again. She didn't answer the question but stated she found them. I saw Mike look over to an animatronic that was broken and sitting in the corner. He reached his hand to touch it but I stopped him.

"Don't touch that." I said as Vanessa looked over.

"There springlock. There on all the older models. They were designed that way so all the parts stayed in place so people could wear the suit. They tend to be pretty unstable." Vanessa handed be a broom and I stuck the wooden end into the claw on its torso. It snapped closed and Mike cringed at the thought it could've been his hand.

"Yeah, there a bit unstable." I sighed as I put the broom down.

"Is there anything you two wanna tell me about?" Mike said as we began to walk out. I honestly didn't know that this Vanessa was the Vanessa that saved my life until just now. Though, when we were younger we were very close after the incident. I know almost everything about this place. The only thing I didn't know was how she knew it. "Cause you two seem to know everything about this place. What if Abby had come in here? What if she found that thing?"

"Your the one who brought her Mike, not me." Vanessa spoke. "You too." That seemed personal. "What I can't wrap my head around is why."

"Okay look. I think they know who took my little brother." He answered. "I can't explain it, but when I'm here I feel closer to Garret. My dreams are more vivid and it's like I can almost."

"Change what happened?" I asked and he nodded.

"Did you ask them about this?" Vanessa asked him.

"Yeah I tried. I don't think they like me very much. But they do like Abby." He answered.

"Mike, you have to drop this." Vanessa began walking off.

"I don't see how this is any of your business." Mike told her with an annoyed tone.

"I'm telling you, you need to let it go." She told him sternly.

"Look, I'm with Vanessa. Whatever happened to those kids, will happen to Abby if she keeps coming here. She'll either end up dead or end up like me." I walked out with Vanessa and Mike followed, trying to get a better answer but Vanessa was distracted. We both turned to see Abby about to strum Bonnies guitar.

"Abby!" Vanessa yelled, but it was too late. The electric shock from the guitar had already gotten to her. She passed out but woke up soon after.

"What happened?" She asked drearily.

"It's okay, Abby." Vanessa assured her. "You just had an accident." Vanessa hugged her. "You're okay."

I waited in the car as Mike talked to Vanessa. "What'd she say?" I asked him as entered the car.

"I'll tell you later." He said. "Little ears." He gestured to Abby in the back and I nodded. As we drove back Mike put his hand on my thigh. Not in a seductive way, just in a, hey I like you so I'm gonna put my hand on your leg to show that I do, sort of way. I put my hand on his and we stayed like that the whole time. If he needed to change gears he'd take his hand of the steering wheel and use that one instead. We made it back to my house and Abby was asleep.

"Do you want me to come around tomorrow?" I asked him.

"I'll call you." He said as I got out of the car. I was walking to my front door when I heard him yell to me. "Y/n, wait!" He quickly got out of the car and walked up to me. He quickly pulled me in for a kiss. "Thank you." He said as he pulled away.

"Goodnight, Mike." I said with a smile.

"Goodnight." He turned and got back into his car.

As I walked inside, I noticed the tv on. "Dad?" I asked in the darkness.

"Hey, sweetie." He answered.

"Where's Mum?" I asked and he informed me she was upstairs. "Is Linda okay?" I asked him again.

"Yes, she's asleep." He answered and I went upstairs to bed.