Chapter 4: Abby's New Found Friends

Word Count: 1036

I was getting ready to go to Mike's place when Mum stopped me at the front door. "Mum please I need to go." I pleaded with her but she didn't move.

"You need to stay here." She told me. "I'm going out and someone needs to watch Linda."

"I can't bring her with me, please just go out on the weekend." I pleaded with her again.

"No, I'm your mother, you do as I say." She demanded.

"Okay, but Mike needs me to babysit and you don't need to go out. Me babysitting is more of a priority than you going out." I explained.

"Well you can't do anything about it, I'm taking your car." She snatched the keys from my hand and ran out.

"Mum!" I ran after her. "I need my car!" I tried to stop her but it was no use. She had already driven away.

I talked to Linda and she said that she'd be fine on her own. I trusted her. She was a responsible kid. I eventually made it to Mikes house, only to realise him nor Abby were home. He left me a note:

Hey Y/n. I brought Abby with me to work. If you read this note, please come and get her if you can.

I then began walking to Freddy's, in hopes nothing bad has happened to Abby. I made it to Freddy's and the door was unlocked. I walked in and saw the place in shambles. In all the mess was Mike cleaning. He looked up and saw me. "God your here." He sighed of relief. "What happened?" I explained everything and how I don't have my car. "Will Linda be okay?"

"Yeah I'm sure she will." I picked up a broom.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Helping." I answered. "I can't exactly take Abby home so I may as well stay here and help you."

"Thanks." He said as he continued cleaning.

It was around 4am by the time we finished. We sat down in the chairs and started talking. "This place hasn't changed much." I told him. "Are they still behind the curtains?"

"Yeah, do you wanna...?" He stood up and held out his hand. He knew about what had happened. I was honestly still quite afraid of this place. I grabbed his hand and we walked over to the curtains. He cracked open the curtain with his free hand. I peered inside and saw it. They looked the same and I think that just made it worse. I let go of Mike's hand and turned around to begin walking back to the chair. "I'm sorry." He said as he kneeled in front of me.

"Its okay, I just don't particularly like being back here. Too many bad memories." He stared into my eyes again, just like he did the night before.

"Well, maybe we could make one good one." He grabbed my hands and pulled me up. He put his hands on my waist and I put my hands on the sides of his face. His face slowly inched closer to mine and my eyes closed with his. The space between us disappeared as our lips connected for a short and gentle moment. We pulled apart and smiled.

We then walked in silence to the security room. Abby was still fast asleep and by the look on Mike's face, he was going to sleep too. He pulled up a chair next to his. I sat down with him and he put his arm around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder and we both fell asleep.

Not long after, Mike woke and sat up. This caused me to wake up also. "How was your dream?"

"Just as weird as the other ones." He answered sleepily. He turned around to check on Abby but realised she wasn't there. "Abby?" We both heard her scream from another part of the building and we bolted out. We ran out to the dining area and saw the animatronics surrounding her. Freddy began walking towards us and Mike grabbed a chair in defense.

"Your 5'5, what's a chair gonna do?" I asked as I tried to see if I could get to Abby. All of a sudden, Freddy stopped as Abby giggled and ran up to us.

"They wouldn't stop tickling me!" She laughed. "Freddy this is my brother Mike, and that's our friend, Y/n." Freddy then stopped looking as threatening as before and calmed down.

"Abby what is this?" Mike asked.

"Come on." She smiled. "I want you to meet the others." Mike and I glanced at each other and slowly made our way over. "This is Bonnie, Foxy and Chica." She said. "Everyone this is Mike and Y/n."

"This is a joke, right. I mean, there's someone here, there's gotta be somebody controlling them, right. I mean..." Mike tried to rationalise what was going on but couldn't find a way too. I was too busy watching Foxy's every move.

"It's okay, Mike." Abby piped up. "They just want to play."

"We have to go home, now. Come on." Mike told her.

"Hold on." Abby grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from her pocket. "They really like pictures. I had a lot of fun tonight. Thank you for playing with me."

"Okay Abby, come on." Mike called for her again. Abby gave Freddy a hug then waved them all goodbye as we walked out.

Mike drove us back to his place and I helped tuck Abby into bed. Mike started to look through all the drawings on Abby's desk. "Mike, what is it?" I asked him as I put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's them." He said. "The kids from the dreams I've been having."

"Is this a good thing?" I asked.

"I don't think so." Mike answered.

I spent the rest of the day with Mike and called home to make sure everything was okay.

Hello?

Linda, is that you?

Yeah

How's Mum?

She's home, on the couch.

Hey, can you get yourself ready for school. We're gonna pick you up when we take Abby, okay?

Yeah, I can do that.

Okay, thank you, see you soon.