ECOPHOBIA

Ecophobia (n. ) A fear or dislike of one's home.

"Conscience doth make cowards of us all." - William Shakespeare

————————————————————————

Calida found herself immersed in assisting Benjamin with his studies.

Despite her grades taking a hit in her final year at the academy, it wasn't a reflection of her intelligence but rather a lack of interest.

The curious paradox of maintaining her mentoring role despite the academic downturn had never occupied much of her thoughts until now when she began pondering the peculiarity.

How did she stay a top student in her last academy year?

The notion that her previous year's poor grades would have barred her from mentoring for the Hunger Games tribute lingered in her mind.

Her contemplation was interrupted by Benjamin's plea for help with his studies.

Calida suggested a break and proposed visiting the kitchens for something to drink. Descending to the kitchens, they requested the chefs to prepare cocoa for them.

Amidst Benjamin's chatter about the typical drama of a 12-year-old boy, Calida's attention was diverted when she spotted many of the staff carrying boxes, some of which contained her belongings.

«What is going on?" she inquired, observing her possessions being moved.

Rushing to her room, she found maids packing as her mother directed and her father conversing with the men handling the boxes.

"Dad? What's happening?" she gasped, her anxiety palpable.

"Ah, my sweet daughter, perfect timing! Come along," he beamed, exuding happiness.

Ascending the stairs, they slipped into the car.

He exchanged no words with the driver, yet an unspoken understanding guided the vehicle.

"Dad, are you kicking me out?" she fretted.

"Kick you out? Oh, heavens, no," he chuckled.

In minutes, they found themselves on the street housing Coriolanus's penthouse.

"Why are we here, Father?" she inquired, eyeing the top apartment where Coriolanus dwelled.

"It's a surprise," he grinned, steering them toward the building opposite Coriolanus's.

Calida, perplexed, followed her jubilant father.

Ascending the elevator to the pinnacle floor, he beckoned her in when the doors opened.

"Surprise!" he exclaimed, arms outstretched, eyes fixed on Calida.

"What surprise? Are we moving?" she questioned, her confusion deepening.

Generations of family history were tied to their current home.

"No," he chuckled. "Well, you are," he added, draping his arm around Calida as they entered the penthouse.

"This is yours! Your mother and I are immensely proud, Calida. Volumnia shared news of your partnership with Mr. Snow. Fantastic, my dear! You'll carry on the family legacy and contribute significantly to the Capitol!" her father announced.

Calida stood dumbfounded, absorbing the reality.

Spoiled as she and her brother may have been, a top-floor penthouse exceeded all expectations.

Her father led her into the penthouse, a sense of anticipation in the air.

"I'm about to unveil the best part," he declared, punching in a code to unlock a sturdy steel door.