The Date with the King

Narrator's POV

After Bridget agreed, Poppy started her cue.

A 5, 6, 7, 8...

Then the Snack Pack started singing.

🎶When you look in the mirror, let it disappear🎶

🎶All your insecurities🎶

"Wait!" Bridget stopped everyone before pointing at Branch, who was leaning against Bridget's wall and asked "Why isn't this one singing?" and realizing that all the attention was on him, Cooper says "Come on, Branch" and then the Snack Pack started encouraging Branch to sing with them, but he politely declined as he said "Oh no. That's okay" and this made Bridget get the wrong idea as she asked sadly "You don't think this will work?" and Branch quickly said "Oh no, no. It's not that. I just don't sing".

"Branch!" Poppy scolded him with a little disappointment, making Ruby snap her head at Poppy and she quickly went to Branch's defense as she said "Poppy, listen. If Branch doesn't want to sing, then he doesn't have to even if I don't like it too".

"No. He's right. This idea is stupid. King Gristle will never love me" Bridget whimpered before she faceplant on her pillow as she sobs again and the Snack Pack went to comfort her while Branch, Ruby and Poppy watch her with sympathy and then at one point, Bridget held her head up and wails loudly, making Ruby stare and blinked at this.

'How come I'd never realized that Bridget crying sounds like a woman in labor?' Ruby thought to herself before she heard Branch scoffed a little and she looked back to see him started climbing the curtain as she quickly went after him with Poppy f...

'How come I'd never realized that Bridget crying sounds like a woman in labor?' Ruby thought to herself before she heard Branch scoffed a little and she looked back to see him started climbing the curtain as she quickly went after him with Poppy following from behind as she said "Branch, what are you doing? You have to sing!" and Branch answered "I told you, I don't sing. Weren't you listening to Ruby?" and Poppy continued to push him as she said "You have to!" and Branch replied "I'm sorry. I can't" and then the trio made it to the top and went to the window. "No, you can. You just won't" Poppy corrected and then Branch said while he unlocked the window "Fine. I just won't".

"You have to!" Poppy commanded.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Why not? Why won't you sing?" Poppy asked/commanded and just before Ruby could interfere, Branch confessed "Because Singing Killed My Grandma, Okay?!" and then he frowned deeply before saying in a low tone "Now, leave me alone" and this leaves Poppy stunned while Ruby looked at Branch in concern. "My uncle broke his neck tap dancing once" Cooper whispered to Biggie.

Branch walked off and sat at the corner and then Ruby gave Poppy a small frown of disappointment before she went towards Branch and asked him softly "Do you need anything, Branch?" and in response, Branch said a bit sternly "I said leave me alone, Ruby" and this made Ruby back away a little as she muttered "Sorry..." and then Poppy, who looked guilty and concerned walked up to Branch before asking while kneeling down in front of him "How did singing kill your grandma? What song was she singing?" and Branch looked at her and said "I was the one singing" and this surprised Poppy as Branch began to explain.