Chapter 10

Previously on

Previously on

           A pirates promise

Location: Revolutionary Army Headquarters

In their shared quarters, Hancock lay restless, glancing at Koala's steady breathing beside her. She turned to her snake, Salome, who lay quietly nearby.

With a soft sigh, Hancock closed her eyes once more.

-----------------------------—————————

Hancock's Dream...

The familiar mist enclosed her, shadows closing in on her then a bright light shined on here

Before her stood all the Kuja warriors, smiling proudly. But their forms glittered strangely, as if made of stardust.

"Sisters..." Hancock reached out with wondering fingers. On contact, the warriors' voices blew in the breeze, dispersing into dazzling particles.

Their voices echoed: "You carry not one gift within, but many. Stay true to your light and let it guide you safely home."

Hancock's surroundings rippled like waves, melting away to reveal another vista. A lush island came into view, a crystalline lake at its heart. Kneeling by the shore was a tall woman with flowing hair like quicksilver. The woman's body glimmered in the light, her moon-bright eyes lifting to meet Hancock's.

Hancock gasped silently, stepping back. This ethereal being looked like her.

"Who..." Hancock's voice trembled, her throat tightening around the question, "Who are you?"

Multiple god-like beings surrounded her, their forms ethereal and radiant.

"Who are you?" Hancock called out. "What do you want from me?"

A voice echoed from the fog. "Calypso. Remember Calypso."

Hancock jolted awake, breathing hard. She placed a hand on her swollen belly, feeling her baby kicking fiercely within. "Calypso," she whispered. As she said the name, her eyes seemed to glow with an emerald light for just a moment.

To be continued...

———-

Hancock leaned over a desk, pen in hand, ready to write to her people back home on Amazon Lily.

"Hey everyone," she began, her tone warm yet tinged with the seriousness of the situation. "I'm currently with the Revolutionary Army, and though I'm far from our island, you're all constantly in my thoughts."

She wrote with a mix of determination and care. "I've left Elder Nyon and my sisters in charge. I trust them, and you should too. They're strong and wise, and I know they'll look after you all. Work together, stay united, and look out for each other, like we always do."

Pausing for a moment, Hancock looked out at the sea, her mind wandering back to her island. Then, refocusing, she continued. "These are tough times, and I wish I could be there. But remember, we're Kuja warriors - strong, brave, and unstoppable. Stay alert, but don't let fear take over. We've got this."

She finished the letter with a personal touch. "I'm fighting for us and for a world where we can all live freely. Hold down the fort until I get back. Love you guys."

Sealing the letter, she affixed her personal mark - a simple, elegant symbol of the Kuja Pirates. She handed the envelope to a trusted Revolutionary courier. "Please, make sure this gets to them safely."

Location: Amazon Lily

In the dimly lit room, Rayleigh held the letter close, his eyes tracing each line slowly. The Kuja warriors stood by, their anxious gazes fixed on him.

"And Daddy," he read aloud, "please don't worry about me. I'm fine, and so is the baby. I'm six months along now." A wave of relief passed through the room.

Elder Nyon stepped closer. "How is she, really?"

"She's strong," Rayleigh replied, folding the letter. "And she's not alone that's all I needed to know."

He paused, a thoughtful look crossing his face. "And there's more. She's expecting the baby soon."

The room buzzed with quiet excitement