𝑷𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑨 𝑴𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑨𝑹𝑲 | 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒘.

Requested by: L1zzie he4rts on Quotev. I know, I know, this wasn't actually the next request on my to-do-list but I recieved it only a few days after watching 'The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes' and I felt *inspired*.

✦❂✦

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 after he won the Hunger Games, he knew he messed up. Or rather the games messed it up for him. Before his name had been called out during the reaping, he had been happy. Well, as happy as one could get in District 12. Life wasn't easy, it never had been but he had his family as well as a relatively secure position in 12's society. And he had his two best friends to support him through everything that this cruel word threw at him, the same way he would give everything to make sure nothing happened to them. The same best friends that were now causing him a sort of pain of which he had hoped he'd never have to feel himself.

If only he had noticed sooner that he had loved the slightly insecure, yet at the same time incredibly big mouthed girl just as much as she had loved him. But he had been to distracted by his little crush on the brunette archer. Though, to be fair, it was also kind of your fault. Everytime you planned to finally confess, you always chickened out a few seconds before you could speak out the words. The only one to know about your - at the time - unrequited feelings and suffer silently with you was Finn, the third part of your trio.

But it was too late now.

For you it had been too late the second Effie Trinket pulled out the damned slip of paper with the name Peeta Mellark written on it.

He realised that it was too late when he had stepped out the train in District 12 looking for his friends and family when he noticed a dark haired boy who was tightly gripping a girl's hand and leaned forward to give her a reassuring kiss to the side of her head. It took Peeta a moment to clearly see their faces but after recognising them, there was no point in denying it. The couple was Finn and you; his best friend and the girl he truly loved. What a great welcome.

✦❂✦

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒, standing opposite you both in the living room of his new house in the victor's village while all three of you awkwardly tried to avoid each others gazes. It was so different from what Peeta had hoped for. After winning the Games against all odds, he wanted nothing more than to come home, greet father and, most importantly, reunite with his family by heart. He had thought about it. More than once. But he had always imagined that it would be a happy moment, accompanied by joy and pure relief. Now it was nothing like that. The atmosphere was tense and awkward; nothing like the situations he had imagined for weeks during the victor's tour.