𝑮𝑰𝑳𝑩𝑬𝑹𝑻 𝑩𝑳𝒀𝑻𝑯𝑬 | 𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒓.

Requested by: Leilani on Quotev. I just noticed that my forgetful self forgot to mention that I now also published Sweet Dreams on Quotev... So, if anyone prefers to read it there: Go ahead :)

✦❂✦

𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐈𝐓, at first, he wasn't even aware of how his affections had shifted. Too caught in his infatuation with Anne, he didn't notice how you slowly but surely secured your place in his heart. Be it because of the sweet smile you send him everytime you entered the classroom, the way you seemed to brighten whenever the two of you talked or simply because you were one of the most kindhearted people he has ever met. And when he finally did notice, it was already to late: He was head over heels in love with you. And it was probably safe to say that the feeling was mutual.

Alas, Gilbert didn't know that and decided to stick with observing you subtly across the room. Or less subtle, considering it didn't take long for the ever so perceptive Anne to pick up on his staring. The redhead took you under her wing when you first moved to Avonlea with your family and considered you one of her best friend by now. And with that she felt it her duty to make sure you recieved your own personal romance story.

✦❂✦

𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍 when he heard a hushed whisper: "Psst!"

He had to resist the urge to shake his head when he saw who it was that caused his fright. Of course it would the overdramatic Cuthbert to sneak up on him like that. He wouldn't have expected it to be anyone else. Still, he couldn't really think of a reason why she would try to stay unseen while doing so.

"Anne? What exactly are you doing?", he spoke, surprise and wonder filling his voice. Surprise since she was suddenly the one to speak to him even though the girl was usually set on paying as minimal attention as possible to her only competitor for best-in-class. And the wonder because, well, it was quiet strange position that Anne was standing in. If Gilbert had to guess, he'd say she was trying to hide from something. Or someone.

"Trying to talk to you, obviously.", the readhead stated. "And also trying to get you to talk to Y/N."

"I don't know what you mean; I talk with her quiet often." While for her it was absolutely logical what she was implying, Gilbert grew only more confused: "And why are you hiding?"

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Anne explained: "I'm hiding so Y/N doesn't notice us. She's not supposed to know what we're talking about."

She pierced the boy with an analysing, maybe even a little condemning gaze. It was true, she found him infuriating to no end but you really seemed to be in love with him which made her look over her own disliking. At least for the moment. Though, his puzzled expression nearly made Anne change her mind again.

As if hearing his unspoken question, she began to elaborate: "I know you like her. I've seen you watching her during class."

"I -"

"No objections. Like I've said. I've seen it with my own eyes. Now, since I know for fact that Y/N has undeniable feelings for you as well, I want you to go and confess your love to her. Otherwise, this won't turn out into possibly one of the most beautiful lovestories Avonlea has ever seen!"

✦❂✦

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 or knowing that she was right that made Gilbert walk up to you a week later after class. Probably the latter because she was right. At least partly. If he wasn't going to tell you how he felt than his chance with you would be blown anyway, no matter if you did like him back or not.

"Y/N!"

When he called out your name, hee had to forcibly refrain himself from stuttering. Dear Lord, he had spoken with you plenty of times, yet he never has been this nervous. What has got into him?

"Yes?", your voice sounded so unbelievably sweet to him even though it was slightly deeper than the average girl's.

"I, well, I just -, I wanted to...", Gilbert drifted off after a few stumbled words as if forgetting what he wanted to say in the first place. "Talk! I wanted talk. About, well, how should I explain it..."

He flushed a deep red when you let out a giggle which surprised even yourself. You never giggled. But, oh sweet heaven, here you were, giggling ridiculously over a boy with whom you were ridiculously in love with. Feelings could really mess with one's brain functionality.

You chose to save the adorable boy from further embarassment and intervened: "I think I know what you're trying to explain and I just want to I like you too."

"How did you know?" Now Gilbert was clueless. How could you have known what he was going to say? Up until now, it didn't look like you caught onto any of his affections.

"Anne. She talked to me as well a few days after she spoke to you. She thought you weren't going to do it but I was too scared as well. Seems like we didn't have any reason to be."

You smiled at your, hopefully now, boyfriend with such entire happiness that it made his chest swell with fondness. He leaned towards you, both hesitating for short moment before your lips met for your very first kiss.

You were so caught up in your moment that neither of you noticed the redhaired girl around the corner gathering inspiration for her next romance novel.

✦❂✦

Ugh, I'm so bad at writing kissing scenes and it annoys me to no end... Also, this was the first time I wrote from an other character's percpetive. I thought I'd just give it a try but I'm honestly not so sure about it since it turned out quiet differently than I had planned. And sorry if it seems rushed but I finished this at, like, 11pm when I was already half asleep...

Sweet dreams

- Dreamy