♡ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 ten

stick season.

─── ༺♥༻ ───

"ARE YOU INSANE?"

Kai widened a bright smile, dimples at each side, and scrunched up his nose with a laugh. 

He didn't answer Freya. Instead, he let his head lay on the graphite of the gravestone and let his bound hands fall to the cold dirt. He noticed the sky-blue emptiness behind her and how her skin was a beacon of warm light against the cold November forest. She had a worry line two inches above her forehead, smile lines deep like tire tracks in the desert sand, and two lips formed in a frown that curled around themselves like the petals of a pink tulip.

"Are you even bothering listening to me?"

"Do I have to correct you the difference between psychopath and sociopath again?"

She gave him a stern look. "Malachai."

Oh, how the sandy smile turned frosty.

Kai opened his mouth to speak but jumped slightly when a pebble smacked against the side of the tombstone he rested upon. He didn't do much but lean slightly to the side, turning away from Freya to pester Damon, who had the rocks in hand. 

"So, this whole anti-magic thing, is it like a dome or a bubble? Like, say, you were in 747 flying over Mystic Falls, would you die? You know, that could be dangerous, like if you're headed to New York and your pilot reroutes for the weather." Kai's voice echoed, his tone haunting her like subtle sweet symphonies hidden in funeral music.

Damon threw another stone, narrowly missing Kai's head. "How's this? I kill you, and when you're in Hell, you can ask a bar full of dead travelers who cast the damn spell."

Freya hissed when fragments of rock hit her shoe, sharp like the ridges of her heart, and kicked another back at him before kneeling back in front of Kai. "What is this? What are you doing?"

"I'm just saying, Rey, that's a lot of travelers. Must be a pretty big spell." He tried to hold up his hands in defense but felt a little too restrained as a devious smirk worked its way to his lips. "Like.. a really big spell. So big.. it covers every inch of an entire town."

There was a quick moment of silence. So quick, it barely lasted more than a couple of seconds. Yet, somehow, felt like he'd been looking at her for hours. 

 "Freya, angel face, my little cupid, I'm parched." 

Freya tore her eyes away and forced them to roll like honey-brown dice. "So parch."