♡ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 six.

not in the same way.

─── ༺♥༻ ───

THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA HAD FALLEN.

Not the real one, luckily. The one made from blankets and pillows between Kai Parker and Freya Valentine. First, it was the quick swing of his hand over the soft safety net between them. Then it was Freya pulling back the covers on her side -- because, well, she was just as cold as he was. Then it became a struggle for who had the most space. Questions lingered on who was the warmest, who was the strongest, who had the most respect for the pillow fort, and who was going to admit that it was a nice change from sleeping alone.

Freya wasn't sure if it was morning yet. She wondered if she kept her eyes closed, and welcomed the darkness, she could pretend as if the nighttime lasted forever.

Kai could feel the sunlight glare on his eyelids. Morning came quicker than he would've liked. After years of watching the same sun set and rise, he'd wish that just once the stiff clock would slow for just a minute.

It was peculiar. Both pretended to be asleep so they wouldn't wake the other.

Rey opened hers first. Brown. Big. Befuddled. The wall wasn't there, duh, because she was laying on it. Propped up against her ribcage, the pillowcase riding up the hoodie, furrowed brows matched the warm thickness of the material around her body. Her face was snuggled into a patch of cotton stained with cologne and aftershave -- which made her head feel a little dizzy from inhaling too much for too long.

Sleepy eyes widened like the sight of him was eye-dropped caffeine. Kai's shoulder wasn't the pillow she anticipated waking up on.

Breath hitched in her throat as she gently lifted herself from one side of the bed to the other. As she lifted her head, she winced silently as the bed began to sink with the weight of her unsteady hands.

She'd smother him if he'd stay dead.

Freya successfully stationed herself on the other side of the dinted pillow wall. It was colder over there. Sparser. Tucking her hands underneath the pillow and refusing to look back in his direction, the angel didn't notice how he had one eye pried open and studied her silently.

Not until she took a quick glance back and he forced them shut again.

Freya pressed her own closed, too. She could stay like that for a good couple of hours before she had the dignity to move again.