♡ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 ♡

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 seven

getaway car.

─── ༺♥༻ ───

A FLICKERED FLAME kissed the palm of Joshua Parker's hand as he set the candle down lightly. The scented wax splattered patterns across his porcelain skin and sank between the ridges of wrinkled knuckles that tossed one spellbook page to the other.

"Kai has to stay there. There's no other way around it." He swallowed thickly. "Liv and Luke, my twins, they're due to merge. There'll be a ceremony. With Kai out, do you realise how bad that could be for all of us?"

"When you say merge, you don't actually mean merge.. do you?" Damon shifted as he stared at the old man, an uneasy feeling settling in his stomach.

Joshua turned to the vampire, regaining his posture and wiping the splatters of wax across his distressed jeans. "That's exactly what I mean. If Kai gets out, he'll head straight for Jo. His ability to siphon magic will overwhelm Jo, she will die, and our coven will be left to the whims of a madman."

"Which is now moot thanks to Blonde and Blonder, thank goodness." He mocked, "Look. Let's talk about this Ascendant-"

Joshua shook his head in dismay, turning his back to the Salvatore. "I won't let him out, Damon."

"All right. I wasn't gonna say anything because you're his dad and all, but if he gets out, I'll just kill him. It's that simple." Damon stated, rather cockily.

"I've watched Jo her whole life. She's done well on her own, survived wars, and became a doctor. If Jo merges with Kai, she will cease to exist. Kai won't just be our coven's problem. He'll be everyone's problem."

Joshua knew Kai's killing spree wouldn't end with his family, as his son's bloodthirsty antics knew no end. Damon watched curiously as the man dropped a golden locket containing Jo's photograph into a bowl and pursed his lips into a foreign chant.

"Phesmatos incendere ad pulvox."

"What the hell are you doing?" Damon demanded, stepping forward with eyebrows laced together with a string of concern that bunched up his face into a scowl.

"If Kai has access to the Ascendant and is sharing his prison with some being, he will eventually find his way out. At least this will keep him from merging." Joshua stared down at the melting locket, a glint of determination and cruelty staring back.

Damon stuttered, unable to process the situation. "You're just gonna take out Jo?"

"The coven comes before family."