Chapter 31 - Anga III

Duryodhan started his journey back to Hastinapur the next morning. Before he left he hugged both his friends.

-"I hope you will finish your job here very soon and will return to Hastinapur Sakhi. I will be waiting for you."

-"Your wish is my command, Rajkumar." Tiasha bowed dramatically. Duryodhan frowned and then the two smiled playfully at each other.

-"I wish to hear about your victory soon Mitra, Best of luck." Duryodhan told Karna as he released him from his embrace. Karna smiled at him, "I will try my best Mitra."

Duryodhan's chariot slowly faded in the distance. 

Indrasena came to Tiasha and Karna and they told him to inspect the kingdom well and inform them about the problems with safety and security all around. Indrasena bowed and some of the men that came along with them left for the inspections. 

Tiasha and Karna went inside. 

Jarasandha will arrive at Anga the next day. Karna asked, "You think I can defeat him? He is undefeatable in war, no one, not even Vasudev Krishna has managed to defeat him."

Tiasha smiled, "And I thought you were the one who never gives up." 

Karna frowned his brows. Tiasha sighed looking at him.

-"There is a first time for everything Vasu, have faith in yourself. And remember you are not doing this for your own gain. You are doing this for your Praja. You are doing this to bring them justice."

Karna nodded. A newfound stream of confidence started flowing through his veins.

-- 

Jarasandh arrived the next morning. He stood face to face with the king of Anga who apparently possessed a divine armour, at least that's what Jarasandh had heard.

At one side of the arena stood two males and a female who had her face covered with a veil and on the other side stood spectators of the duel, the Praja of Anga. The Praja were intrigued and curious when they heard that their new king was going against Jarasandh. A small amount of sympathy along with hope started to rise in their hearts. Maybe, just maybe they will have their previous lives back.

--

Before the duel started when Karna went to meet Tiasha he saw her covering her face with a veil.

--

The previous night when Tiasha was sitting in front of the window lost in her thoughts a white pigeon flew in and sat on her lap.

Tiasha noticed the note attached to his feet. She carefully untied it and patted the bird. 

Her dear Jayantha has sent her a letter. Tiasha held the note close to her nose and inhaled the calming smell of Kadamba and sandalwood. She touched the letter on her forehead and chest and then started reading.

'Dear Sakhi,

I hope you are doing well in Anga. Don't forget to write to me if you face any kind of problems.

I won't waste much time, as you need to go to sleep after reading this. Tomorrow you are going to meet one of my greatest rivals of all time. I hope you understand who I am talking about. I have one request, stay hidden from him. Why, if you may ask? I promise you will know later. And do not worry about Angaraj, he will win and I think you know that already. Take care of yourself. I know for a matter of fact, you have been compromising with your sleep for the last few days. Sleep, Or else you will have dark circles under your beautiful eyes, which has taken away sleep from Others. And I personally don't think dark circles would be a good look on your pretty face.