Chapter 10 - Dwanda

-"Now I don't think that anyone has a problem with my Mitra having a Dwanda with Kumar Arjun." Duryodhan announced.

-"You don't know what you are doing, Duryodhan." Drona looked at Duryodhan angrily.

-"Guru dev you said yourself that Arjun is the best archer in the entire Aryavarta, then I don't think he will have any problem defeating my Mitra. What do you say, Arjun?"

-"I accept the challenge", Arjun announced.

Drona looked at Arjun bewildered. Arjun smiled at Guru Drona, "Don't worry Guru Dev your student will never let you down, I will teach this Suta Putra a lesson that he needs to learn."

Everyone saw a man walking into the arena, his hands folded together head bowed towards Mahamahim Bhishma and Maharaj Dhritarastra.

-"I am so sorry for my son's audacity, Mahamahim." he kept his head down

Karna went straight to the man and touched his feet. Everyone recognised Adhiratha. Before Bhishma could say anything Bheemsena mockingly said, "You are right, and we forgive you for your son's behaviour, because we have a big heart. Take your son back with you. Or else you will have to take his corpse with you today when my brother slays him."

Adhiratha just kept his head down. Karna was fuming with anger, he could take his insult and humiliation but someone mocking his father is just unacceptable. Duryodhan too was furious.

Karna was about to say something but a familiar sweet voice came from right above, "You do not know what he is capable of Kumar Bheem, and I think it is foolish to underestimate your opponent, given that you are unaware of their powers. And it is not very prince-like to say such words to someone who is nearly your father's age."

All heads turned upwards where the voice came from. There stood a beautiful woman calm and confident but the fire in her eyes can never be missed by anyone.

Duryodhan smirked, he liked her already.

Shakuni frowned, what is it that the fallen princess is supporting a Suta Putra.

Vidur and Dhritarastra looked at her shocked.

Nakul, Sahadev and Arjun looked annoyed, while Bheem was livid.

Drona and Kripa had mixed feelings towards her, appreciation and annoyance, apparition because she in a place full of men decided to raise her voice and was annoyed by her support towards the Suta Putra.

Adhiratha gazed at the girl his son discovered on the riverbank, who was unconscious and brought home a few days ago. Now, she was standing majestically among the royal women of Hastinapur, even advocating for him and his son.

Bhishma looked proud. He was getting more and more confident every day by her actions that she would make an amazing queen of Hastinapur. He would talk to Kunti as soon as possible.

Gandhari and Kunti were bewildered while Dushala and Subhadra were scared as their Didi raised her voice in front of everyone.

As Yudhishthira and Ashwatthama glance upward, they are struck by the beauty of the woman before them, both feeling captivated by her appearance. An immediate and intense urge to possess her arises within them, causing them to continue staring.

And Karna, he saw the woman who had taken away his sleep at night standing there. Looking like a goddess in a simple yellow attire and minimal jewellery. Her presence brought an instant calmness to him as well.

For the past few days, he couldn't sleep properly worrying about her well-being. But something strange was happening he was more focused on his practice when he thought about her. The memory of her sweet smile brought peace to him.