Chapter 15 - Night Walk

The following evening Tiasha invited Duryodhan for a walk in the royal garden after dinner.

Tiasha arrived dressed in a baby blue blouse skirt and uttyaria and minimal golden jewellery. Hair tied in a loose low bun, a few curly stands of hair framing her moon-like face.

Tiasha entered the royal garden and went straight to Duryodhan. Duryodhan smiled seeing his Sakhi approaching him.

-"Greetings, Sakhi.", Duryodhan greeted.

-"Good evening, Sakha." Tiasha smiled. Her heart leapt seeing Karna there standing with her Sakha.

Duryodhan invited his two Mitras for a walk in the garden. He said he himself had an invitation from someone for the walk, and he wanted to introduce said person to his dear Mitras.

Karna and Ashwatthama were surprised to see Tiasha there. And what did she just call him?

-"Come Sakhi, let me introduce you to my Mitras, this is Mitra Ashwatthama, he is our guru Putra, and you already know Mitra Karna."

-"I already know who they are Sakha, but your Mitras don't know me..."

-"Oh sorry, Ashwa, Karna, this is Tiasha, or Kumari Tiasha, if you want, she is my Sakhi."

Ashwatthama looked at Tiasha and Duryodhan.

-"Angaraj already knows me, Sakha." Tiasha gave a warm smile to Karna. Karna blushed. He never expected her to say that out loud. He thought she might have forgotten him. If not then also she won't let anyone know that they knew each other.

Duryodhan eyed them, "How?"

-"I became a guest in his house for two days, after he saved my life." Tiasha kept looking at Karna.

Duryodhan asked, "What do you mean saved your life Sakhi?"

-"You haven't heard?" Tiasha shifted her attention to Duryodhan.

-"What?"

-"Everyone in the castle is talking about me, Sakha, showing me sympathy which I didn't ask for and you are saying you haven't heard my story?" Tiasha asked amused at the expression of the three warriors before her.

-"No, I haven't heard anything, I was going to ask you about yourself during our walk."

"Well..." Tiasha started narrating her story as they sat under a tree, near a artificial lake.

When she finished she noticed Ashwatthama clutching his fists. Duryodhan was fuming and Karna...

His face was red in anger, his teary eyes fixed on her face.

Tiasha sighed.

Duryodhan stood up, "Ashwa, Karna be ready we are going for a war against Banga Pradesh."

Tiasha shot up from where she was sitting, and Karna and Ashwatthama followed.

-"Sakha, what are you saying?"

-"I am going to give you your justice Sakhi, I will wage a war against your relatives and will bring them to your feet."

-"Sakha, calm down. You can not rush something by your emotions. Think rationally, you are in no position to wage a war, and besides..." Tiasha lowered her head.

Ashwatthama noticed Tiasha's saddened expression, he put a hand on Duryodhan's shoulder, silently telling him to calm down.

He asked, "Besides what Kumari?"