[ ⚖️ ] 𝟗

A/N : i sincerely apologize for not writing! i was on hiatus for a bit but ty for the support <33

and i just realized that this font isn't visible on some computers so uh this is chapter 9 btw

AND WRIOTHESLEY IS ACTUALLY A COP. (i think i haven't really been active on genshin's fontaine story quest)

« ——— ⚖️ ——— »

"Dads. How come this information didn't reach my ears!?" Furina asked, putting a hand on her hip. 

"It was something that recently happened, so.." Wriothesley quickly answered, looking somewhat embarrassed. Would you be embarrassed if someone walked in with your child as you were caught making out with someone?

"I'm not furious, in fact, congratulations. But you could've let me know." Furina spoke in a fair tone.

"Alright, true. And I appreciate that." Neuvillette picked up a piece of paper with information on the trial and handed it to Furina. She put it in her pockets and took Sigewinne's hand with her.

"BUT MY DADS—" Sigewinne pouted before getting cut off by Furina. "They're working. You'll see them after the trial. Come on, I'll buy you some lunch." Furina smiled and walked out of the office with Sige.

"Sorry! I'm going to miss this trial." Furina yelled before actually closing the door.

Neuvillette took a mental note of that and sighed. The trial hasn't even started yet the stress weighed down on him more than seeing what water tastes the best. Wriothesley noticed and looked over at his love. He folded his arms and asked, "Pre-trial stress?"

"Of course..." Neuvillette leaned against his desk and took a deep breath.

Wriothesley asked once again. "The case isn't that bad, right?"

Neuvillette nodded, though he wasn't sure. He then realized it was time to be benched. "I have to go now." Neuvillette gave Wriothesley a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving his office.

Wriothesley cracked a small smile as Neuvillette kissed him. He then looked back at his desk before heading out. It was his day off today, and maybe he could accompany Sige and Furina during lunch. He left the office too.

Once outside the courthouse, he walked to the café front where Furina and Sige were sitting. He walked over and sat down with the two.

"So, what are we ordering?" He bantered.

"Your daughter wants the 120 Mora sour cream sandwich," Furina groaned, not taking Wriothesley's joke seriously. Sigewinne as innocent as ever, just smiled at Furina's expression when the cost of the sandwhich hit her.

"It's not bad, fuck." Sigewinne smiled.

"Sigewinne! Don't repeat those words..." Wriothesley pinched the bridge of his nose, slightly raising his voice. Sige nodded in apology.

"Parenting at it's finest!" Furina cheered sarcastically.

"Shut the fuck up." Wriothesley whispered, emphasizing fuck.

The waiter came over to the table. "Have you decided on ordering your food, Ms. Furina?" He asked, kindly. Furina looked at Sigewinne for confirmation on her expensive order. Sigewinne nodded.

"Yes, I would like the premier choix (exquisite) sour cream sandwhich." Furina sighed, handing the waiter the bag of Mora. She intended on paying early. Sigewinne giggled once again on her disappointment in paying. Wriothesley couldn't help but smile too.

The two had conversations as they waited for Sigewinne's food. As it came, Furina took the plate for Sigewinne to eat the sour cream sandwhich. Wriothesley then provided a small temporary rule.

"Since that sandwhich costed 120 (120$ equivalent) Mora, you'll eat it if you like it or not."

"And I like it!" She exclaimed as she continued to take a few first bites into the sandwhich. Furina's eyes widened ever so slightly as she saw Sige's happiness towards the sandwhich. Furina was glad she didn't just waste her money.

After Sigewinne was done eating, she left her plate there and stood up from the chair. The two did as well. Sigewinne held Wriothesley's hand as they decided to take a stroll around Fontaine. 

"Are you coming, Furina?" Wriothesley asked, looked down at her. Furina nodded her head and followed along the two. They walked away from the café. The waiter that served them smirked at their exit. 

"Good riddance...I'll see you all soon." He muttered to himself while cleaning a glass.

Around Fontaine, there were many things to see. There were dolphins swimming along the bays of the boardwalk. Sige pointed her fingers the the dolphins and she wanted to see them from above. So, Wriothesley picked her up to show her the dolphins. Furina herself folded her arms on the rails and watched the dolphins too.

They had to continue walking, and so they did. By the time their stroll was over Neuvillette's trial probably ended. Wriothesley walked Furina back to the courthouse and waved goodbye. Wrio decided he was going to go home and wait for Neuvillette there.

The two made it home. Although, Wriothesley felt like he was being watched. He brushed the feeling off and opened the door to his house. As he did, Sigewinne ran inside and ran upstairs. 

"The energy that girl has.." Wriothesley silently talked to himself and tiredly sat on a chair in the dining room. That's when he noticed it; light rain falling outside. How? It was sunny a few seconds ago. The forecast was going to be sunny all day anyways. He just shrugged it off.

A few minutes later Neuvillette returned home. He knocked on the door and wiped a few tears. Wriothesley opened it and immediately noticed his dearest's crying.

"Oh my...was the trial that bad?" He asked taking Neuvillette's hand and closing the door. He lead him over to the sofa.

Neuvillette nodded and hesitantly spoke. "There were loud arguments, but the case was worse...it was about the murder of a child." Neuvillette put a hand over his mouth as he let out a few more tears.

"At least that child's in a better place now. May the child rest in peace." Wriothesley added, giving Neuvillette a comforting hug. Neuvillette sighed and hugged him back, squeezing Wriothesley. Neuvillette nodded. "You're right...you're right."

———————————————-

It's 4:34 am for me and I HAVE SCHOOL AT 5. i'm gonna sleep haha byee

hope you enjoyed this! who the hell is the waiter he's kinda familiar

word count: 1004