[ ⚖️ ] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐋, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏

"Here goes nothing..." Wriothesley said as he opened the door to the courthouse of Fontaine. He then entered the courtroom, where the audience, jury, the defendant, and the plaintiff, and other courtroom roles were there. Wriothesley was a spectator/a member of the audience, so he stood where the spectators would watch the trial commence. He folded his arms, looking around the room. Everybody looked dying to know how h this trial would go. He even saw Sigewinne sitting in a seat out of the audience.

Wrio saw Neuvillette wink at him from his podium. Wriothesley just rolled his eyes jokingly and smiled. Neuvillette noticed, then he went back to reading papers. 

(notice: in this trial, i 'headcanon' that Pantalone and Dottore will take Focalors' gnosis. idk i kinda just headcanon this because Pantalone has blue jewels hanging from his glasses that might be that? and Dottore... because idk. it's just a headcanon.)

Well, Wriothesley saw the person on trial, and it was Focalors? Why Focalors?? Focalors looked pretty nervous. Wriothesley noticed, and he didn't exactly know why. But why was she on trial? What did she do? Neuvillette looked back at her, and noticed that as well. He looked at her in disbelief... Even though Neuvillette was the Chief Justice, he didn't even know who was on trial. This was a huge surprise to him, and he thought this was a mistake. 

Then it happened. The Ninth Fatui Harbinger and the Second Fatui Harbinger stepped up to their podiums as well. Pantalone and Dottore. Dottore just folded his arms while Pantalone just looked at Focalors, gesturing to her that she will 'die.'  The courtroom was shocked to have Harbinger's in their presence... it just wasn't right. Focalors spoke up.

"Wh— they can't just enter here! Why am I even on trial in the first place!?" Focalors said, folding her arms back. Dottore just rolled his eyes behind his mask.

"We're here for your Gnosis." Dottore said coldly. Of course, the courtroom was shocked again at Dottore's straight-up response. This was just too much— at least for everybody.

(since this is my fanfic and i have no idea how a trial actually works, we're doing this my way. danganronpa style. lol.)

Neuvillette tried to break the tension, and cleared his throat before speaking. As much as he wished for this not to continue, he had no choice. He was the Chief Justice, and he couldn't break his own rule. He sighed then cleared his throat again before speaking. "Ahem... does... anybody have anything to say before we move on with the trial?"

Silence.

Wriothesley raised his hand after a minute. This whole thing was awkward, and he just wished he wasn't in it. At least not now.

"Why are you allowing this, Neuvillette?" Wriothesley said, slightly narrowing his eyes as he found the entire situation extremely ... well, suspicious sort of.

"It is simply a rule I cannot explain, my Dearest Wriothesley..." Neuvillette said, holding his gavel with a bored expression. This entire thing wasn't worth it! Everybody wanted to leave. Focalors was under pressure with the fact her Gnosis could get stolen. The tension filled the room quickly. Neuvillette sighed before speaking again.

"Dr. Dottore and Mr. Pantalone... you... are allowed to take Focalors' Gnosis if you share your motive for it, and if you can pin down a crime from Focalors herself." 

Again, Focalors' jaw literally dropped as Neuvillette announced such a thing. She thought he was her friend. She couldn't even take this level of betrayal. She was about to speak before Dottore interrupted her.

"You have the right to remain silent. Speak unless spoken to, Ms. Focalors." Dottore said with a slight smirk behind his mask. Neuvillette returned the favor and told Dottore to do the same for himself. Dottore just scoffed at that. Neuvillette banged his gavel onto the podium and yelled out.

"All rise!" Neuvillette said. The trial was about to begin...

________________________________________________

TRY THE ALL NEW ZAZA SAUCE! NEW SOUTHWEST FLAVOR1!!1

who's gonna win this trial? find out soon. stay tuned!

word count: 662 🔥

prepare for the next chapter. over 2k+ words in length.

(i might be kidding)

__________________________________________________