Chapter 6

Fifth year would come and go with no more incidents. Final Exams were here and studying sessions were a must. Kotoha,Douma , Koyuki and Akaza had staked out their own corner. Some other students like Gyutaro and Daki, and sometimes Kokushibo and his brother would join them.

It was over the course of two weeks. Douma and Akaza would bring food from the great hall to the library when their sessions went on for late hours.

Kagaya, the prefect of the Sureiya, would push up his glasses, smiling at seeing how they often crash in their corner. Akaza would have fallen from his chair, and Koyuki slumped against the table. Of course, his eyes would go to where Douma had moved him and Kotoha to the couch before passing out himself.

The Oni student would have his cloak over his friend. Arms tight around her and head tucked under his chin. His hair flaring out behind him, having grown over the course of a year.

They brought hope that all the houses could perhaps one day come in unity.

Kagaya leaves them to rest and prays that exams go well.

Exams came and went, and celebrations were had before departure day. A huge feast for the highest passing grade average for across the school years.

A dance had started and Kotoha laughed when Douma dragged Akaza onto the dance floor and shoved him into Koyuki's embrace. Douma is quick to return and offer his hand to her.

Heat rushes to her face at that and she accepts his hand.

It was warm and she couldn't help the smile on her face.

The dance lasts all of thirty minutes, ending in a waltz and both of them are covered in a thin layer of sweat.

It was perfect.

Summer makes her wish she asked how to use ice magic from Douma. It was so dreadfully hot. But she was glad to be home, to see her parents.

She wonders if they would have liked Douma.

Douma yawns from his beanbag throne as the end of the day approaches. The followers of Eternal Paradise cult saw him as their leader now and honestly, he was getting bored of it.

His eyes go to his side, where his offerings are, and chooses the jug of blood. Popping it open greedily and chugging it.

A thrill went down his spine, not noticing how his eyes glowed and became sharper, his vision even allowing him to see in the dark.

No, it was his fangs at least that he felt. His tongue ran over them and took note on how sharp they felt.

They usually dulled after a bit and he is grateful. He'll need to go on a diet of blood if he wishes to kiss Kotoha one day.

When he takes off his hat for the day, in the mirror he thinks he spotted a patch of crimson on his head but when he looks back it is gone.

The summer comes to an end and Akaza is once again witnessing Douma twirl Kotoha around in a hug. This time Kyojuro was in town with his younger brother.

 This time Kyojuro was in town with his younger brother