Chapter 9

With all the running and attacks, Kotoha almost doesn't recognize the area they run into till she smells and feels the pressure of the room. The difference between inside and outside of the library was eerie. It was void of life and the heavy door deafens the screams and cries of battle and victims.

"Kotoha, Let's go to the other entrance and hope no one is there." Kotoha nods, her feet dragging as she starts to follow the Hashira student. Every now and then as they went, they spotted cowering students, some patching others.

They are about halfway there when the air decides to drop. Goosebumps rise on her exposed skin and Kotoha can only slowly turn upon seeing the closing doors of the library, a trail of frost growing on the walls.

Her heart was so loud in her ears when she could hear that familiar laughter.

"Shinobu, you should know better at this point than to mess with me. When will you learn?" Shinobu is whipping around trying to spot the Oni student and can only follow his movements as he slips to hide among the many bookshelves.

Students were flinching and either hiding under the desk or running for the doors.

The library was massive, with three stories and an open floor filled with tables. It wouldn't be easy but a battle could be done in here.

Shinobu would take her chances against the dumbass-

"You are actually quite stupid believing you could run from a demon." Both Shinobu and Kotoha stiffen up when they look at each other only to see a grinning face had come between them as those rainbow eyes glance at the slayer in amusement.

Before Shinobu could do anything, a fan hits her chest flatly before she is launched across the library. Her body crashes into some chairs and breaks a table.

Kotoha is shaking when Douma tilts his head to her, lifting his lip more to show his fangs she thought at one point were cute. Now, not so much when they threaten to bite into her.

Douma starts to turn to her and she begins to back away. Those kanji eyes twinkle as his mouth drops into a pout.

"Kotoha-chan, why are you acting like that?' His grin comes back, a wide smile showing how sharp his canines are as he spreads his arms out. ' It's me! It's Douma!"

She chokes as from behind, a sword goes through Douma's heart and out his front. He coughs up blood through his grin, purple appearing before he looks at the sword that is oddly shaped.

It could only be Shinobu's.

With it going through him, she wouldn't be able to effectively cast a spell.

Douma laughs at the poison running through him before he looks over his shoulder at the angry female slayer.

"You really don't like me. That's good because I don't like you either!" Douma whips around and smacks Shinobu across the room once more, her form going limp this time as she goes unconscious.

Colorful eyes are bright as Douma pulls the blade out, tossing it and shivering with delight at the pain of his body adapting to poison.

Was the slayer really planning on murdering him tonight even before any of this happened?

When thinking of such possibilities would have to be later.

Douma turns around slowly, his eyes finding Kotoha gone.

Her heart wouldn't stop racing as the temperature dropped more in the library.

She had made it to the second floor when she heard him begin his search. Leaping from the first floor to the third floor.