Chapter 2

Douma was a bit sticky when their friendship was in full swing. He actively invited her to events, even when she should be studying. She wanted to be more social and couldn't say no when he smiled, offering his arm to drag her off to whatever part of the school grounds.

Koyuki and her were in the same dorms and so it was a common occurrence for her to spot Douma dropping her off before going off to the Oni dorms. She would tease her, especially when she saw them hug a few times, Douma's growth spurt showing as by the end of the year he could set his chin on top of her head.

She would learn a few things.

One, her latin sucks. It comes with the fact Japanese being the only language she needed to know, only knowing a few different dialects. Latin comes from Europe and with how heavy she is with pronouncing her vowels as a default of her native tongue she struggle.

When Douma had his fun teasing her after her fifth attempt of trying to do a beginner's spell he stepped in. Offering to tutor her in Latin, giving her pointers as needed.

The library might as well be her second home with Douma often bringing snacks with him when he came by.

The second thing she learned is she was pretty good at potion making. Something about being able to brew came almost naturally to her. It must be the patience she had.

Then she would turn when she heard the sound of a cauldron blowing up. She would spot Douma darting out of class, Shinobu chasing after him. He would be switch to being her partner after that. She didn't mind, especially when they had to taste the ingredients before putting them in, that Douma would always choose the wrong one.

He must have a different taste palette.

Three, working with her crow. She did find it a bit odd using a crow instead of the owl like the Oni and everyone else in the world did. They said it was because of rising crow population and how it was better for them them to be spotted in the cities compare to an owl.

The fourth thing she learned was Douma was rich. Like stupidly so. One day, they were allow to go into the nearest town, but Douma had other ideas, dragging her , Koyuki and Akaza Hakuji. The fellow Oni student sighed but came because Koyuki was with them.

They were cute.

Anyway, he brought out Floo Powder, Akaza nearly busting a vein and Koyuki having to explain that getting any in Japan was expensive. Then they were off to the nearest shopping strip, Douma's elbow locking her to his side so she didn't get lost in the traveling by Floo Powder.

She been playing to come for the ride. Akaza and her were wearing there school uniforms while Douma and Koyuki dress to go out. Her gaze looking to the multiple shops as they walked with Douma leading the way.

He had stopped to get some fans. A niche trait he had, with Kotoha thinking he only used them to stay cool.

But then he was especially gifted in using Ice related magic. Must have been something he grew up with collecting.
Because there was no sane answer to why he buys golden fans. She thought they weren't made of real gold till he shows off the price tag. Her poor face must have shown it.