Chapter 4

Tension had built unexpectedly as a dueling tournament had begun. A lot of points and pride were on the line.

Kotoha and many of the Sanpafu students didn't much care for the duels. They prefer to study and do their normal activities rather than get in the way of the more prominent players.

Hashira( the top students of the Sureiya house) and Uppermoons had already knocked out plenty of opponents in the tournament that had streaked through the week. The Sanpafu students did become interested when it came to the final rounds.

The Tsugikuni twins from the legendary family of the same name were the expected victors of the tournament

The Tsugikuni twins from the legendary family of the same name were the expected victors of the tournament. Their younger cousin, Muichiro Tokitou, was expected to rank high.

But these duels were a bit more deadly and didn't sit right with Kotoha the first time she saw one.

Unlike the traditional wand duels, these duels were a bit more raw and much like the combat of normal people. The Sureiya students and some Oni students would ignore their wands and switch to weapons, to where they would channel their magic.

One match that had her throat jumping was watching the 'Flame' Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku face off against Akaza. Koyuki was cheering on her friend but Kotoha couldn't believe how much magical energy was being put on display.

 Koyuki was cheering on her friend but Kotoha couldn't believe how much magical energy was being put on display

It was overall much more explosive and difficult to channel than that of a simple wand.

The dual wielders were impressive to watch.

Gyutaro, Uppermoon Six, had faced another dual wielder and both had been knocked out, disqualified, and sent to the hospital wing.

Kotoha was shaken, looking down at her own almost pathetic wand and feeling her shoulders slump. She would never have such skill in magic as those students.

She sighs, going to the library to study a bit more.

"Kotoha-chan~! Won't you come to watch my match today?" Douma was leaning on his arm, looking towards her as she took notes.

Kotoha blinks before registering that Douma invited her.

"Hai, I'll be there. If I'm late, still do you're best, okay?" Douma grins at that before pointing out a factual error in her notes. He chuckles when her head drops and he cackles when she pokes his side for it.