Chapter 16: No more A2K!

Today was our first day as VCHA and it was really weird to not have Cristina or Gina with us. We were all gathered in the van heading to the JYP building to meet our staff and practice the OT7 version of Y.O.Universe for the music video. 

It just occurred to me that the A2K is only starting to release to the public, when we already know who's survived and who hasn't..Oh I mean at least we could technically watch it. I don't think I'd want to put myself through that though, that was quite anxiety inducing. Maybe we'll all end up watching it together?

"Guys do you want to watch A2K together when we can after they release it?" Camila asked us.
"A2K?!?" I said very very dramatically.
"That things gonna cause us trauma!!" Kaylee said.
"Oh my god, remember when JYP told us our group name..." Kendall asked, holding back her own laughter.
"I thought it was funny how he thought it was a really good name and he continued to say it was his amazing idea."
"Oh, I thought it was a pokemon name..??" I shared.
"Wait that's so true!" Lexi agreed.

We were walking alongside our new manager through a park for a picnic before one of us suddenly asked, "Wait, who's gonna be the leader?". 

"It better not be me! I'm too young! Even Chaeryeong wasn't the leader because she was too young!" Kaylee and I said at the same time. 
"Jinx!"
"Double Jinx!"
"You have to dance to Y.O.Universe!"

"Yeah they're definitely not going to be the leader.."
"Hey!! I'm just messing around with the maknae!"
"Hey!! I'm just messing around with the maknae!" Kaylee mocked before she started to run away as I yelled random things in Korean.

"So uh, who's gonna be the leader? I know it's not gonna be me but like who is it?" I asked nicely.
"How in the world did you calm down so fast???" Savanna questioned while looking at me super confused.
"KG would know"
"Why are you throwing me under the bus!" KG answered back.
"Because you play with Kaylee more than me?"
"True"

The manager just waited for a bit before she said, "You see, we'll be evaluating and selecting who we thing is the best to fit that role throughout this week.."
"Oh, it can't be the maknae line though, right?" Kendall asked.
"I mean I suppose not? But TWICE's Jihyo is part of the maknae line technically.."
"But she's the middle!"
"Actually, that's a good point."
"She also had years and years of training, hasn't she trained with JYP since she was eight??" I added.
"That too I guess.?"

We finally started eating our food and we somehow ended up with kimbap and sandwiches, an interesting combo of food but nonetheless it was good. 

"So when are we planned to shoot the music video?" Camila asked.
"I'd say in about a month or so? I'm not completely sure."
"That's alright, thank you"

We talked about random things and it somehow lead to Kaylee and I speaking Korean to the manager with the others trying to eavesdrop and translate as much as they could. 

"What?" I said after realizing all the eyes were on us.
"Translate please..?" KG said skeptically.
"We were just talking about when A2K would be finished airing?"
"They finished editing??!"
"No. I hope not, because then they'd make too many mistakes.." the manager mumbled the last part out.

After we had a bit more fun we were gathered into the car driving back to the company to hang out there and practice more. Practice was one of those things that were just there, it was fun with everyone but the practice itself was consisting of us trying to sync up, which was irritating. We had never learned to sync up with 7 people so now it was hard.

"Do you think we'll get different sub-units or even roles?"
"Maybe to sub-units and no to roles" I answered before they all looked at me waiting for an explanation. "Okay well sub-units might be hard since we have 7 people, an odd number that's almost impossible to split up. And for roles, 4th gen groups and well I guess we're 5th gen, they haven't been giving them roles whatsoever."
"I guess you're a die-hard K-pop stan?"
"If you want to say that I guess?"

"I still can't believe we're in the same building as so many iconic artists!" KG suddenly said.
"For real!" Kendall suddenly replied with.

"Did you guys like Sneakers and ICY by ITZY?" Kaylee asked.
"Hm?" I questioned.
"So many of us danced to it during the dance evaluation.."
"Well they're good summer songs!" Camila pointed out.
"True but for some reason they're the most hated ITZY songs, aren't they??" I asked with furrowed eye brows.

"We should dance to K-Pop random dance! We're on a break for another ten minutes!"
"That sounds fun!"

It started with O.O by NMIXX where we encouraged Savanna to go to the front since she danced to it for her dance evaluation.

"Whook, whook, ayy, look at that moving eye, eyes
봤니? Shoog, shoog, shoog
Hook, 들어와 내게 좀 더, 좋아, zoom-zoom, good
Get out, 겁쟁인 XX, 충격과 공포일걸, oops
Gon' poppin' it, poppin' it, poppin' it now
궁금해 미치겠지, open that, boom"

Then LOCO by ITZY came on and I was pushed to the front.

"It's too late, want you so bad
너를 갖고 싶어졌어
몰라 이젠 이미 난 blind 끝까지 가볼래"

Suddenly Lia from ITZY walked into the room. 
"Hello!" we all said in Korean while bowing while in shock.
"Hi!" she answered in Korean, probably knowing we forgot that she spoke English. "I just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all for making it to the debut group! Also your LOCO dance is really good! She said giving us a thumbs up before handing us a bag of snacks. "Eat these well, good bye~!"

"Did that really just happen?"

Author's Note:

Sorry I ran out of ideas for a little bit. This is more of a filler chapter than anything but hello~. I'll probably upload next week Tuesday next and go from there, idk I started to write the other book I wanted to write and then realized I should've wrote in third person for everything..first person is interesting I guess?

Anyways hi, thanks for 4k+ reads and 100+ favorites (yk those little star thingies at the top of the chapter, I forget what they're called it's 10 pm T-T)

- Arintheantiromantic